PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Monday 24th September 2018

Comments

• Olliebeak1951
    Olliebeak1951 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 24 September 2018 at 8:31AM
    Good Morning, Oldstylers :hello: - we have a beautiful start to the day here on Merseyside! So clear that I can even see (through a gap between 2 buildings) Moel Arthur in Flint, North Wales!

Thanks for starting the thread, HollyHarvey - hope you manage to sort out a sports bra to fit before you go into hospital. Have you thought about having a 'keysafe' fitted outside your front door? I had one fixed (by my son) when I moved here - it just saves having 'spare keys' with various people.

ancientofdays - good to hear that the migraine monster has left you alone for now. I've only ever had ONE - way back in early teens, so possibly 'hormone related' - I felt so ill with it. Anybody who suffers from them regularly has my total sympathy and respect :(.

dumpling - hope Lee is OK this morning. I know how awful it can be when you need to 'faff around' with their meds to help them. My DGS has started to get a bit rebellious about taking his meds regularly and we had 'to have a bit of a chat' about it, last week when I was supervising him. ((((HUGS)))) for both you and Lee - IF he'll have one ;)!

camelot1001 - sounds like you've had a fabulous weekend :j.

Nelski - hope all goes well with your 'course prepping'.

redruby - FINALLY wonderful news from AOL - roll-on Saturday :T.

silver-oldie - enjoy your trip out for lunch

LaineyT - What a horrible start to your day - hoping the plumber can get it all sorted and there's not too much disruption and damage done :(.

maddiemay - Caravan Hunting sounds exciting and I'm sure you're DH will love not having to sleep up against the wall any longer - and, just think, no more being disturbed when he has to get up to make you 'an early morning cuppa' :T !

~taff - hope all goes well at the hospital and best of luck with the gutter cleaning :).

Thinking about Mr and Mrs TA and all others who aren't well and need our ((((HUGS)))) and prayers.

Our Garden Refuse collection has just been made - missed the last one 3wks ago :doh:, so it's been 6wks here :(. Just waiting for the Recycling Guys to arrive now.

Plans for today include a trip to the surgery - I'm due my 'Annual Review' with the Practice Nurse and my Flu Jab from the On-Site Pharmacist, who collared me last week when I collected my meds ............ he pounced as soon as he neard my name called ;).

Soup followed by Salad with Jacket Potato for evening meal here tonight. OH will have Tuna Mayo with his - not sure about me yet ..................... possibly Cheesey Coleslaw :j.

Oh well - onwards and upwards - brekkie beckons :D! Have a lovely day, everybody :j.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,007 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning folks.

Bright and cold outside. My first teaching session is in a very overheated room which always leaves me tomato-faced. So it's layers of clothing, down to T-shirt and back up to woolly jumpers.

Yesterday I cooked the chicken thighs with chorizo so there's plenty to eat.

Last night I tried to join my local library online but the form just looped in error messages so I gave up eventually. I'll try again today.

Right, I'm off to face my day. Thoughts are with our poorlies, especially the TAs.

Happy Monday to everyone.
  • Good morning, it's a fine chilly morning here.

I didn't get round to posting yesterday, and have just read through yesterday's postings.

So sorry TA about you DH. The hospice sounds lovely. I have no words really, but will be thinking of you all.

Yesterday we weren't out at all, the day was spent tidying, and storing summer clothes in vacuum bags, then putting them in the loft. I've just read someone posted yesterday that summer is coming back at the end of the week, grr, what will I wear!! Fortunately I did keep a couple of pairs of lightweight trousers out, and I don't store t shirts as I wear them under cardigans at this time of year.

We were out all day on Saturday, and had an excellent day at the Disc*very museum. Gers, you mentioned the Hancock , that's our next trip I think. When we had children, (well we've still got them but they're grown up!) we took them to these places, but haven't been for years, despite the fact that it's only a 10 - 15 min train ride away.
    We live within reach of some lovely places, and have decided to revisit.. Like a lot of people we forget what's on our doorstep.

Olliebeak, I think you said your nearest beach is Southport, it's nice there isin't it, I like the town as well. One of my nephews lives there and we were there in the summer, on a caravan site, we had a great few days.

Reading back to yesterday, I see that quite a few people suffer from the "falling asleep in the chair, then wide awake half the night" syndrome, so do I. It's murder when your eyes spring open and it's only 2am. Like others, I then spend a couple of hours worying about all sorts of things that I can't do anything about anyway.

Lainey, hope you get your leak sorted out.

Today, I'm visiting a friend nearby, the doing a bit of shopping. Might get some washing out. That's it really.

Thinking of all who are poorly, and sad.

Take care folks.
  • Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to you and to dumpling, the TAs and anyone else in need.
    It's fffffreezing here but glorious sunshine.
    CHS is on lates so a lazy start to the day but it means a long dark walk along the towpath at 9 tonight.
    The water levels are still very low, we will have to manage for the next 6 weeks until we move to our winter mooring.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all
    Chilly one here but clear skies I love autumn though its my favourite time of the year
    Dolly & Kass have been walked and I am off to take DS to look at another bike fingers crossed this is the one as i am getting fed up of running round the county
    TA thinking of you
    Right got to go DS is calling
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
    Slava Ukraini
  • Morning you lovely lot. Thanks for all the good wishes and also the many PM's. Some of which had me in tears. Tears aren't far from the surface these days.

We had a lovely day yesterday. The weather was glorious and really warm in the sunshine so we got permission to take Mr TA out in a wheelchair. He was well wrapped up and DD's lovely BF volunteered for the job of pushing him. The girls had great fun exploring the grounds and we found the Memory Garden. Containing another pond, surrounded by flowers and messages about loved ones. Very touching. We sat in the sunshine for quite a while and DD took lots of photos.
    Mr TA was very tired from his little excursion out and wanted to go straight back to bed. He slept through the visitors who arrived afterwards. (My DB and SIL but he woke up for a little chat with DD's ex!)

Today will be a quieter day. DD is joining me shortly, then DS will be here. Mr TA's youngest sister popping in this afternoon and probably his DB. Despite our intentions of not having too many visitors at one time his DB persists in breaking our rule and just descends when he feels like it without checking if it will be a good time. It annoys me!

Have a good day if you can folks and ((HUGS)) for all else in need of them xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

TA, ask the hospice to have a word with you BIL about visiting, its not fair on other people who do stick to the visiting rules you have set out. They will explain that its not that he is not wanted but that Mr TA needs his rest as do you. I am pleased you got him out in the grounds for a while yesterday. I think about you, you are never far from my thoughts and prayers.

Its a sunny morning, coloured load in the washer, got yesterdays dry on the line, mind you its chilly.......have lit the fire, the coal is steadily going down now I can see the floor of the coal house!!

OH is going to the Evergreens today, I need to pop in to see DD2 my glasses need tightening up again, they keep slipping off, I almost lost them in the coal house the other day, so I take them off before I go out now.

New CA this morning, OH was quite satisfied with her, so thats good, just 20 minutes and she was away to her next patient.

Chicken for supper tonight with mash, cabbage and carrots, there is enough jelly for tonight, that will finish it off.
  • Good morning everyone,

Back to the grind now after a lovely holiday to south Spain for a week. Time was spent with family and family friends and it was great to enjoy 30 degree heat for the last time this year.

It gave me a lot of time to reflect and also plan forward. With my batteries now fully charged I’m filled with an enthusiasm to give everything 100%. Wither it be work, fitness, eating right, TGFW, family, you name it. I’m sure the monotony of normal life will slowly kill that eagerness but for now, I’ll revel in it.

I’ve to drive down on Friday for my face-to-face interview in Manchester which I’m looking forward to. I’m not nervous or anything yet and in-fact, I don’t think I will even closer to the time. I’ve nothing to lose. In the meantime, it’s a bank holiday up here and so my boss if off but I suspect/hope that tomorrow, I’ll have a meeting with my current employers surrounding a promotion. Time will tell.

So now I’ve got a pile of work to catch up on. I’ll try and catch up on here too but I hope everyone is well.

TA - It seems I've missed some news whilst I'm off and I'm sorry to hear. Nontheless, your day yesterday sounded lovely and a great way to spend that valued time together. You're strength is inspiring.
  • Good morning everyone, so lovely to read of your outing in the hospice gardens MrsTA. I agree, ask the hospice staff to have a word with any visitors who need reminding about visiting rules and why they are important.

Housework for the day is done, I hoovered before breakfast and had a blitz in the kitchen. There's a bit of tidying in the living room before one of the older residents in a nearby flat comes in for a cuppa and to meet my cat. There are a few cat lovers in this building, whose cats have died and mine is enjoying the extra adulation. The rule in these retirement flats is that you can bring an existing pet in with you, but can't have a replacement when they die. My cat's six, and therefore hopefully has a good many years ahead of her.

I'm doing some more prep for tomorrow's fundraiser this afternoon, and hope to fit in a swim too.

Lainey, I hope you have hot water again soon. Kettles are no substitute.

Csarina, that's looking promising with the new CA.

I've my gloves looked out, and have found my reading glasses which were missing yesterday. They were in my dressing gown pocket.

Wishing you the best day possible xxx
  • Holly they have a good selection of sports bras in M and S, they are not cheap but they should last. I need a new one soon as I think I may be starting to jiggle when I jog. (I am eying up a nice grey one)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure