Xbox One X deals?

Hi all,

I had an Xbox 360 back in the day about 7 years ago, and I haven't touched it for about 6 years now.

I've just bought a new 4k tv, and for some reason, I want to scratch the itch again and get an Xbox, mainly for racing games like Forza, but perhaps COD and Red dead redemption, that's about it.

I notice since the 'X' came out, it's been holding it's price fairly well, does anyone know what sort of deals there are to be had on these, if any?

Ideally I'd go for a package option that includes one of the above games, but nearly £500 is kinda hard to stomach for something I might not actually use very much.

I have considered the 'S' but my colour scheme is all black now...!!

Haha. What sort of deals have you guys gotten? Thanks :)

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tommysaver wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had an Xbox 360 back in the day about 7 years ago, and I haven't touched it for about 6 years now.

I've just bought a new 4k tv, and for some reason, I want to scratch the itch again and get an Xbox, mainly for racing games like Forza, but perhaps COD and Red dead redemption, that's about it.

I notice since the 'X' came out, it's been holding it's price fairly well, does anyone know what sort of deals there are to be had on these, if any?

Ideally I'd go for a package option that includes one of the above games, but nearly £500 is kinda hard to stomach for something I might not actually use very much.

I have considered the 'S' but my colour scheme is all black now...!!

Haha. What sort of deals have you guys gotten? Thanks :)

Well do you mind a refurb deal ?

Ive seen 2 deals on hukd for refurb stock on the Argos ebay page for just over £300 which to me is a good deal.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm waiting until Black Friday and hoping to get one for around £300...
  • DCFC79
    almillar wrote: »
    I'm waiting until Black Friday and hoping to get one for around £300...

I'm tempted to get 1 (not that I do actually need 1) whether its now with the deals posted on hukd or on Black Friday.
  • Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    There have been quite a few brand new X deals on Hukd today. There was one around £370 this morning although I can't remember what games were with it. Current one showing in £409 with Forza Horizon 4 + Forza Motorsport 7 bundle + FIFA 19 + FIFA 19 Steelbook for £409 pre Order from Amazon and price guarantee incase it goes down. Not sure if that's closer to where you want to be with the price.

I'm waiting for black Friday unless something really good appears before.
  • DCFC79
    Forwandert wrote: »
    There have been quite a few brand new X deals on Hukd today. There was one around £370 this morning although I can't remember what games were with it. Current one showing in £409 with Forza Horizon 4 + Forza Motorsport 7 bundle + FIFA 19 + FIFA 19 Steelbook for £409 pre Order from Amazon and price guarantee incase it goes down. Not sure if that's closer to where you want to be with the price.

Yes I saw them.

Theres even apparently 1 at Asda for £349 with Far Cry 5.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Another vote for keeping an eye on HUKD. There seem to be a few deals floating about already which bodes well for Black Friday and Christmas.

Do i need an XBox One X? :think: No.

Will i end up buying one because theres a good deal on. Inevitable. :tongue:
  • Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

Well today, I saw the best deal yet but I still missed out on it.

Ebay had a 10% off promo code until 8pm

I saw an xbox one x, 1TB, with Forza 7 and the new Forza Horizon 4, 1 controller for £409,

With 10% off it was £368. That seems about the right price for me, that's my bench mark figure now!

Hopefully we can pick up another deal like this soon..
  • Forwandert wrote: »

Haha wow, I've also just come across this one just looking on amazon.

That does seem like a pretty good deal, but I've no interest in FIFA 19 or the steelbook.

I could still probably sell them easily on ebay though, are they physical discs or just codes do you think? Or does it even matter?

If I made say £40 on fifa 19 and 10 on the steelbook,

That's effectively only £359 for the xbox one 1TB, controller and both forza's. Winner?:j
  • DCFC79
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

Well today, I saw the best deal yet but I still missed out on it.

Ebay had a 10% off promo code until 8pm

I saw an xbox one x, 1TB, with Forza 7 and the new Forza Horizon 4, 1 controller for £409,

With 10% off it was £368. That seems about the right price for me, that's my bench mark figure now!

Hopefully we can pick up another deal like this soon..

Yeh i saw that 1, a really good price.
  • DCFC79
    Haha wow, I've also just come across this one just looking on amazon.

That does seem like a pretty good deal, but I've no interest in FIFA 19 or the steelbook.

I could still probably sell them easily on ebay though, are they physical discs or just codes do you think? Or does it even matter?

If I made say £40 on fifa 19 and 10 on the steelbook,

That's effectively only £359 for the xbox one 1TB, controller and both forza's. Winner?:j

At a guess id say Fifa is a physical copy as your getting the steelbook too, see how much Cex would give as a trade in, if you buy blu rays get store credit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure