Taste Card ?

Hey Guys!

Do any of you have experience with the taste card ? Is it worth it or can you just get as good deals with vouchers online now?

Comments

• Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I use tastecard and have been for about 3 years for £40 a year I find it worth it but we live near london so have a wide choice. We save on average around £20 a meal we eat out at least 1 a month so after 2 meals out have already made our money back. They are adding more chains all the time and we have found some nice local places that we wouldnt normally have tried. The app is really easy to use and handy if you are out for the day as it has a near me function so you can find places quickly
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • cska
    cska Posts: 13 Forumite
    MyMoney16 wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

Do any of you have experience with the taste card ? Is it worth it or can you just get as good deals with vouchers online now?

Have a look on their website and check out the offers for restaurants nearby you. As the above poster mentioned, the variety you get varies greatly depending on your location. Always take note of the terms which dictate how many diners/which days of the week you can make use of the offers. If they are appealing to you, then go for it. I would say though that most of the chains on tastecard already offer their own discounts through their own websites. It's only really independent restaurants where you'll benefit (if you plan to use the card at them). These independent places are less common unless you're in or near a big city.
  • Not entirely sure what discounts you recieve with a taste card so this may or may not be of use to you but..

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a days travel insurance to Blackpool via compare the market for the sole purpose of recieving their off of 2for1 on several food places and cinemas for a year. The days insurance cost me £1.67. I will doubtless save that the first time I get round to using it.

Have a look at the restraints included and see if they suit you. As I said a taste card may offer better discounts, I have no idea..but just a suggestion
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure