Which console?

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    ifstar wrote: »
    You can use Kodi on the xbox one which you can't do on the playstation. If you've got games on the 360 then they could well be backwards compatible with the xbox one.

If you are used to the xbox controller then you'll manage with the xbox one controller fine. The xbox one x is the most powerful console just now and even without a 4k tv, it will still run most games better.

Just my opinion but i wouldnt risk a console of mine with kodi. If i wanted kodi i would just get a firestick or a dodgy box.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes, if you are used to one controller it will take a bit of time to get used to the other.

Each person will be different, despite being unsure I would be able to get used to the X One controller I got used to it quickly, buttons in the same place, the One controller is a little bit bulky where your hands wrap round the controller.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just my opinion but i wouldnt risk a console of mine with kodi. If i wanted kodi i would just get a firestick or a dodgy box.

It is safe to use but Id rather stick to using my Firestick or a Pi for Kodi so I do agree with you on that.
  • donnajunkie
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Each person will be different, despite being unsure I would be able to get used to the X One controller I got used to it quickly, buttons in the same place, the One controller is a little bit bulky where your hands wrap round the controller.

I had a period being used to playstation controllers then xbox then went back to playstation and it didn't feel right at first. I eventually got used to it. Of course you will get fanboys saying only one or the other is any good and how they cant get used to the one they arent a fanboy of.
    The ps4 controller is an improvement over the ps3 controller. Its far more expensive also sadly.
  • donnajunkie
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    It is safe to use but Id rather stick to using my Firestick or a Pi for Kodi so I do agree with you on that.

I just think with builds being unofficial and add ons being unofficial that there is a risk of them going wrong and doing something iffy to the console. I concede the risk may be quite small but its still there. My console is too precious for it to be worth risking when you can get a cheap firestick and use kodi through your tv via that.
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies. On the face of it, I think I'm going to stick with Xbox. It's supposed to be backwards compatible, I'm used to the interface & controller and I only really know one person who has a PS4 whereas 2 of my steplads have Xbox One so I can always borrow games from them - you never know, I might even venture online one day!!
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    i wouldnt risk a console of mine with kodi..

Why on earth not ???!!!

It is a legitimate media player.

You do realise that it used to be called XBMC dont you ??
    ie Xbox media centre ... It actually started its life on the xbox
  • donnajunkie
    AndyPix wrote: »
    Why on earth not ???!!!

It is a legitimate media player.

You do realise that it used to be called XBMC dont you ??
    ie Xbox media centre ... It actually started its life on the xbox

Kodi itself is legitimate but what most people use it for isnt.
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Kodi itself is legitimate but what most people use it for isnt.

So if legitimate and used legitimately, how is it a risk to your console?
  • donnajunkie
    So if legitimate and used legitimately, how is it a risk to your console?

Theres no risk in that situation but most get it for builds and add ons that give you free movies etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure