Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    Options
    Well lovely MSE'ers I'd like to ask your help in reminding me of something please. I have fallen into my previous pattern recently - the one about 'run self into floor, get stressed, do things less well because stressed, have to recover, be annoyed at self - and today I've been reminded of why that's not helpful. So I want to book a trip away in early to mid April, and please will you nag me about this so I don't get distracted or back out!

I'm taking tonight off to do the ironing (my favourite chore, I know, I'm strange :rotfl:), meditate, and have an early night. I have a day out with a friend tomorrow which includes a trip to a Lu5h spa and I can't tell you how excited I am :j:D so I refuse to risk spoiling any of it by stressing tonight.

I do need to prep for my interview next week, but I've got Friday and the weekend to do that, and have remembered that there's no sense prepping loads of stuff if I get too stressed to remember it and end up resenting the whole thing. So I will do my best, but if they can't see my best then their loss :p

:money:wise all is well - my budget is WAY red in the college fees category but this will get sorted on payday. I also got an email about cashback for my new internet contract so that's £50 coming that I'd forgotten about :rotfl:and have remembered to claim my work expenses within a week which is something of a record! Go me!

I've now listened to most of the Fire Starter Sessions and found some more helpful than others; the journal has fallen by the wayside a bit and I do want to get back to it. I think a review and catch up once I get that interview out of the way, as things will all calm down then.

Hope all is well with you out there

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    I do need to prep for my interview next week, but I've got Friday and the weekend to do that, and have remembered that there's no sense prepping loads of stuff if I get too stressed to remember it and end up resenting the whole thing. So I will do my best, but if they can't see my best then their loss :p

How much preparation do you need? They should be trying to employ you, because you know more than they do. Which should mean they can only ask you the basic stuff which you should already know back to front.

In that case, leave it until the last minute.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Rosa,

Do you want to book your trip now and go in mid-April, or are you looking to book the trip in mid-April for later in the year? Just so I know when to start prodding! :D

I'm in the same category as you in trying to get too much done and then really beating myself up over my "failures". You always sound like you're much more productive than I am too, so please don't be too hard on yourself. Just get that trip either thought about for when you book or book it and know you have it to look forward to.

Did you have a good day off on Friday? How are you feeling about the interview prep you've done. We've employed quite a few people at our place recently and it appears to be so rare for people to prep or even show much enthusiasm these days! So I'm sure that you will definitely stand out for all the right reasons. Good luck.

I absolutely need to get myself organised with the firestarter sessions! Thank you for the reminder.

MTxx
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Evening Flower ... Hope you and the moggies are good

Yes you must book yourself break :-)
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Hello lovely people

The break would be in April, and I am hoping to base it around meeting up with a friend so just waiting on dates.

The interview prep went really well, and so did a lot of the interview - all except one section and sadly I think that will have scuppered it. Never mind, I'm really pleased I was brave enough to try and I certainly learnt useful things in the process.

Now that's out of the way I am back to focusing on college and vaguely wondering how I'd like things to shape up in the longer term.

Oh and the Lu5h spa was just so, so amazing. Wonderful. Felt like I'd been totally reset for a couple of days. :)

Rosa xx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Just popping in to say Hi Rosa seems like you've been a busy bee of late. Sorry to hear the interview might not have gone 100% but its all experience.

Oh, and if you are in need of ironing - I'll drop mine over to you :rotfl:

Lush spa day sounds amazing...i'm now googling it myself....must not be tempted...trying to save....:o
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    The interview prep went really well, and so did a lot of the interview - all except one section and sadly I think that will have scuppered it.

That's making the assumption everyone else was perfect...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    That's making the assumption everyone else was perfect...

Sadly it doesn't work quite like that - there's a minimum score including a minimum in each section, so if I missed it I missed it, and the competition is about 3:1 so it's unlikely there won't be anyone else for them to ask!

Feeling fine about it though - I was brave enough to try again, I did better than before, I learnt a lot anyway, and I am fine where I am so not a problem if I end up getting there via another route or a little later.

Anyway I decided it's officially Their Loss :D

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Just popping in to say Hi Rosa seems like you've been a busy bee of late. Sorry to hear the interview might not have gone 100% but its all experience.

Oh, and if you are in need of ironing - I'll drop mine over to you :rotfl:

Lush spa day sounds amazing...i'm now googling it myself....must not be tempted...trying to save....:o

Thanks Kerri :) it has been a bit bonkers the last few weeks but is calming down again now. I will be able to get back to something of a routine including the ironing :rotfl:

Spa day was so good - put it on your wish list for a special occasion if it's a bit beyond normal treats.

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    College fees cleared :j and already have £200 extra put aside for the Very Last Card... barring any major disasters, that will be down to sub £400 in March and can be cleared next payday! :T

Really pleased - I've allowed myself a bit more generous budget for March and have started to put a little money into the Fun Money category as well as for cinema tickets etc. I'm planning to review my accounts and see if I can do better than my current one so will look around the site to see what's recommended. And reread MT's moneymaking account shuffle for tips! :D

Rosa xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family