All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Comments

• I forgot!!!
    I had completely free extra cavity wall insulation done today! A company came round last week trying to drum up some trade and even though I was quite sceptical they've done a really good job. My next door neighbour was having theirs done today so they've done mine at the same time - absolutely no mess, completely free due to a government grant and I didn't have to be home (the neighbour supervised but they didn't need access to the house). Apparently it saves on heating bills as the heat stays in for longer but as it was free it was a no brainer really. Coincidentally, it was the first really cold night last night and I woke up cold this morning so quite timely I suppose. :)
  • Pleased you're settling MT. It's a massive thing - starting in a new school. Teaching is hard enough without not knowing the kids, the school, the procedures etc. I used to work with a guy who said that the first year in a new job was always the 'hard yards'. Sounds like you're doing a brilliant job as well - the Head is obviously impressed.
  • Sounds like you’re settling into the new job really well - I agree, it’s so easy to come home and just sit, especially now the evenings are drawing in.
    Watched Bodyguard - an hour & a quarter holding my breath!
    Sept 2018
    Virgin CC1..................... 3334...........33.34.....19.17 Virgin CC2..................... 5775...........57.75..... 0
    DFS Sofa....................... 251.84........41.98.....0 Wickes Kitchen..............3305.42…...80.62....0
  • So pleased on the job. this seems like it was such a good move for you.

SM
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • Sounds like all your diligence is paying off. Hope your sleeping is better now?
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£330.00 (66%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£062.00 (13%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Huge thanks to you all that have posted - your comments are all much appreciated :)
    Today was really busy - lots of teaching, meetings and then I delivered a three hour staff training session after school - went well but am knackered now.....
    Picked up lots of extra jobs today too - people are noticing that I'm there and I'm getting loads of requests for help etc. Busy but better then being ignored ;)

Watching the first series of Line of Duty - on episode two - too tired to think about more work tonight....
    Early night in store - hopefully I'll sleep
  • Hmmm.... The early night wasn't as successful as I'd hoped. Went to bed at 9.30 and was asleep shortly afterwards then woke up at 3am, dozed for a while and then the dog decided to have an upset stomach at 4am. Following a clean up I spent 15 mins in the garden with him making sure he was ok and then took him for a longer than normal morning walk - all by 5.15am! Feel ok now but will pay the price later for it.

a fairly busy day ahead - teaching three lessons and have 2 meetings booked in that I'm aware of but the days seem to develop as they go along.... Have tons of work to do too - hopefully I'll get some time to do something at least.

We'll see....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    MT sounds like you are settling in well in your new role . It must be very encouraging other people asking you for help. It was obviously a good decision you made.

Hope your pooch is ok now. Have a good day.
  • Thanks Cumbria Lass - today was even more bonkers. Literally zero time to myself - never mind, at least I'm wanted and needed ;)

As predicted, I was knackered by noon - hopefully I'll sleep properly tonight. Got home at 4.30ish then took the dog to the park for an hour then had tea whilst watching the next episode of Line of Duty - 2 more to go in series one, think I'll watch another one later. Really enjoying it.
    I do have a ton of work to do but am really tired - might just do a bit of marking to get it out of the way.

Have made my lunch for tomorrow and got my clothes ready so there'll be no hassle in the morning, a 5.15 start needs organisation.....
  • Hey MT so glad I have found you... used to subscribe a long time ago, before you went AWOL:rotfl:

It's just taken me about 3 hours to catch up on the past few months.

Glad you and the BF have worked it out again, and congrats on the new job!!! :T

*subscribes* ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport