Business savings accounts?

So after following Martin's advice over the years I've got myself a relatively cheap mortgage, various bank accounts with funds scattered across TSB/Natwest/Halifax etc to earn their monthly bonuses and higher interest rates.

Now I've started to look at my business reserve account. Currently there's a little over £5k in the reserve account earning just under 0.2%. It's there to cover tax at the end of the year, but there are a couple of new projects that I'm considering and I'll be building a healthy cash reserve over the next year or two to fund them.

So my question to the MSE community is this, does anyone have a good business reserve account that they can suggest for a business with £5k to say £25k in reserves?

Failing that, I'll consider getting clever with standing order dates and mine/the wife's directors loan accounts to generate some savings income through personal savings accounts to help build towards the next project.

Comments

• martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Are you a sole trader, partnership or limited company? The status of your business could well affect the answer.

For a sole trader, the individual and the business are the same so you would be free to move money in and out of personal accounts to gain interest.
  • Aquamania
    Aquamania Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Have you read the thread at the top of this board that says "please read for links to important topics"?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure