Advice Required - Job role change announced before i have accepted it

Options
Hi
I am after some advice regarding the way my company has notified myself and my team of job role changes. yesterday my team and i were briefed at 10.30am that due to the company re-organisation our job roles would be 'tweaked' slightl;y to accomodate the changes.. (however mine is a substancial change, with no direct reports and less responsibility and also a job title change) my teams involve much more travel but currently with same job title but role is quite different, certainly more than a tweak!.
We asked at the meeting what options did we have i.e redundancy and were told that as the roles were tweaked there were no other option other than to decline and leave, we were given 10 working days to decide. At 12pm our role changes were announced to the company ( including my role title change) despite us not having agreed to the new roles. My question is - firstly can the company announce that we have taken these roles when we haven't agreed, and secondly whether we would be able to argue that the new roles were not suitable alternatives for our current roles, due to travel time ( in my teams case) and reduction in responsibility in mine.. thanks

Comments

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Given my previous experiences they can announce whatever they like - if you/your team decide you're not going to stay then they'll have to revise the organisation charts/announcement and re-issue

Not best practise but certainly nothing that you can do to change it.

As for whether the roles are appropriate it very much depends on the changes - unless % of time away is stipulated then increased travel is unlikely to be a suitable reason to decline nor is loss of direct reports.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure