Form R40 success?

Options
Hi all :) Has anyone has any success with claiming their tax back from PPI? My total amount is about £600 so far, already filled one R40 in for one claim but curious as to any successes/failures? Thanks :)
You only get one life - but if you live it properly - it's enough! :rotfl:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Many have had success.

Hopefully that has satisfied your curiosity.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's hardly a matter of success (or indeed, failure) - you are legally allowed (as a lower rate tax payer) to earn £1000 in interest a year before tax. If you are taxed on the interest element of the PPI refund and have not exceeded your limit you are allowed to reclaim it, if you are over the limit you will not be allowed to.
  • kappachino10
    Options
    Thank you nasqueron - forgive me for sounding dense but have never been great with taxes etc. I pay tax at the lower rate, work full time and have no savings. So do you think I'll get it back or not?
    You only get one life - but if you live it properly - it's enough! :rotfl:
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you nasqueron - forgive me for sounding dense but have never been great with taxes etc. I pay tax at the lower rate, work full time and have no savings. So do you think I'll get it back or not?

Assuming you have not earned any interest, which it sounds like you haven't, then yes you will, as and well HMRC get on with it - like blood out of a stone sometimes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure