Ryanair refused Brazilian family from flying - any rights for compensation?

124»

Comments

• Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Is it a check or a stamp? if it's a check how would they know if it was done or not?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It's a stamp, that's why you cannot use an electronic boarding pass when travelling on a non-EU passport.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,520 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I!!!8217;ve just looked at my return boarding pass DUB/BHX and it doesn!!!8217;t say anything about even having to have my passport checked, let alone stamped.

So say I!!!8217;ve only got hand luggage, no need to go to bag drop, I present my BP at security, (because nowhere on it say I!!!8217;ve got to have it checked) , and I get refused boarding because of this?
    And don!!!8217;t give me the !!!8220;you should have read the T&C!!!8221; this is not some small matter, it!!!8217;s a major requirement that in the past has always been on the BP and webpage in Red bold.

I thought it was strange that when I booked the flight nothing came up on the screen saying I had to get my passport checked, it always has in the past and I assumed they had relaxed the rule.

I will leave this till I!!!8217;ve got access to a PC to screenshot and paste up here the fake booking I made and my BP showing that there is absolutely no mention that I have to have my passport checked.

For the record I am no RA basher, I use them probably 10 times a year for placement flights, I think they have come a long way from the days of trying to get people to trip over in the booking process and being more lenient with luggage allowance. But this has got me going because it effects me personally.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Do Ryanair enforce this rule when travelling between the UK and Ireland? Can't find anything to say they don't, but as it's within the Common Travel Area it shouldn't be necessary.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    stoneman wrote: »
    ....... and I assumed they had relaxed the rule. ..........

That's where you went wrong.
    Never ever assume.
    Always check
    (or accept the consequences).
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • stoneman
    edited 10 April 2018 at 10:06PM
    mgdavid wrote: »
    That's where you went wrong.
    Never ever assume.
    Always check
    (or accept the consequences).

I didn’t assume in the end, I had to ASK
    But why should I check if there is no indication on either the booking process or the boarding pass.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    edited 10 April 2018 at 10:12PM
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Do Ryanair enforce this rule when travelling between the UK and Ireland? Can't find anything to say they don't, but as it's within the Common Travel Area it shouldn't be necessary.

I have traveled to DUB from BHX in excess of 20-25 times in the past few years, last being last week, and it!!!8217;s always been a requirement as a US passport holder that I had to undergo a passport check.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure