Yorkshire Bank ppi

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    After reading this thread, I told my Hubby not to hold his breath.

My Hubby sent his acceptance form back on 20th Jan, the money was credited today.
    Don't know why it was so quick, could it be that we bank with them and it was paid into current account?, perhaps not, I don't know.
    A nice surprise though just the same.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    After reading this thread, I told my Hubby not to hold his breath.

They key thing is that a CCL does not mean it was mis-sold. It is just an invitation to complain. So, the complaint is still looked at in the same way as if you never got the CCL and were complaining normally.

These invites to complain are going out across all areas of financial services. Some of the banks are seeing loads going out on investment class business. Some of the "upheld" outcomes are high and others are low. There was one mentioned in the financial press recently where they have over 1400 responses to an invite to complain. All of these were reviewed and only one resulted in redress. That is extremely low and uncommon but it does show that the outcomes are not guaranteed to result in redress.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • webweaver_2
    webweaver_2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 February 2017 at 5:06PM

to Webweaver - If you are not comfortable filling the form give them a call instead. I rang them and they asked me a few questions and said they'll send a letter to let me know.

UPDATE. Have called them and they were happy to sort it by phone. Just had to make sure had as much of the paperwork in front of me as possible. Fingers crossed and wait and see now
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 15 February 2017 at 10:15PM
    They key thing is that a CCL does not mean it was mis-sold. It is just an invitation to complain. So, the complaint is still looked at in the same way as if you never got the CCL and were complaining normally.

These invites to complain are going out across all areas of financial services. Some of the banks are seeing loads going out on investment class business. Some of the "upheld" outcomes are high and others are low. There was one mentioned in the financial press recently where they have over 1400 responses to an invite to complain. All of these were reviewed and only one resulted in redress. That is extremely low and uncommon but it does show that the outcomes are not guaranteed to result in redress.

Hi dunstonh, my Hubby was not sent a questionnaire and invited to make a complaint, just a letter saying that YB calculated PPI redress wrong a few years ago and gave a full breakdown of how they worked it out and the amount they wrongly calculated.
    He had to sign to acccept the amount.

I posted this as the funds were very fast compared to the OP who has been waiting 4 months months for theirs, that was what my remark was regarding telling Hubby to "not hold his breath" if he was expecting a quick turn around of this money :)

I have realised that there are other posters who have asked different questions to the OP who started this thread, it does get confusing ... for me anyway :o
  • webweaver wrote: »
    UPDATE. Have called them and they were happy to sort it by phone. Just had to make sure had as much of the paperwork in front of me as possible. Fingers crossed and wait and see now

RESULT! £2500 and possibly more to come😁
  • I originally contacted Yorkshire Bank in 2014. They said they couldn't find anything. I then received a letter sept 16 that there last decision could hsve been incorrect and are looking into multiple loans.
    Since then i have heard nothing! I have rang them 3 times over this time, and all they can tell me is they are looking into it!
    Has anyone else had or having this problem?
    Is there anything i can do?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lisamcc wrote: »
    I originally contacted Yorkshire Bank in 2014. They said they couldn't find anything. I then received a letter sept 16 that there last decision could hsve been incorrect and are looking into multiple loans.
    Since then i have heard nothing! I have rang them 3 times over this time, and all they can tell me is they are looking into it!
    Has anyone else had or having this problem?
    Is there anything i can do?

I suppose you could volunteer to help them look but otherwise, no
  • webweaver wrote: »
    RESULT! £2500 and possibly more to come😁

Still waiting for the money. They're hanging on until the bitter end! 28 days they said and 28 days it looks like it'll be before they pay up☹️
  • I too am waiting payment, Its now into the 36th Day, Ive rung up every other day, tey tell me its with payments team, they cant give me a date of payment or why they are not releasing the funds. Ive asked if there is a backlog etc and been told not that they are aware off, im promised someone will ring me back and they dont, surely this breaches there side of the deal? esp with the interest per month? Any ideas? Im ging to ring again this afternoon as techinally this is my money they have. I did question why someone i know who banks with them had payment in 2 weeks and im still waiting .... was told again id be caled back but not within 24 hours - still waiting the call back 4 days later....
  • They are supposed to pay you interest for the period from when the payment was agreed and the date you are paid. That's what our letter said. You seem to have waited an awful long time. Why not 'suggest' to them that you feel this is an unreasonable and unexplained delay and that if the matter is not resolved in 7 days you will be contacting the financial ombudsman?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure