6 bottles of wine with Smile

Options
If you open a smile current accoutn (new customers only) before 31 August, you will receive 6 bottles fo plonk!

http://www.smile.co.uk/wine  :D

INSERT FROM MARTIN:

This offer has been extended and now ends 30 November.  To qualify for the wine apply by then and credit the account or transfer your salary payment to it by 31 December

In a way this is an interesting one. It's a nice offer and the smile account is a good one, though not a market leader Best Current Account Article

Still many people do give Smile good customer service feedback - and if you do want the wine?

Comments

• ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you open a smile current accoutn (new customers only) before 31 August, you will receive 6 bottles fo plonk!

http://www.smile.co.uk/wine  :D

Looks like you enjoyed yours!
  • Leia_Stephens
    Options
    I would like to enjoy the 6 bottles of wine with my partner ;D, he is planning to transfer most of his a/cs to Smile but is currently getting organised and finding previous address documents prior to applying :(.

Hopefully he has applied before 31st August ;).

Leia
    I want to be a good saver, but I find it difficult to control my temptation to spend :o .

I owe £1,247 more than I have in savings :( .
  • mrvolleyball
    mrvolleyball Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, I'm currently in the middle of setting up a current account with them, only have to send off some identification now, hoping I'll still eligible since mine is sort of already being processed.

Thanks for the info
    Why do companies offer you "free gifts?"
    Since when has a gift NOT been free?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Am I likely to receive the free wine for opening a student account?
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    [They must take me for an animal-lover  >:(]

There is a concurrent promotion, also. I got an email from smile yesterday, saying if you open a current account ,and credit a payment to the acount before 31 December 2004, they will donate £50 to the Worldwide fund for Nautre.

[I was looking into smile, but applied for First Direct instead - for the £25 - and got a 0% for 6 months balance transfer by applying for their credit card at the same time]
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • mrvolleyball
    Options
    Just enquired from Smile as to when I would be expecting my 6 bottles of wine. Was told that to "qualify" you had to have put in that you "heard about smile" from the Guardian in your initial application for the account. So I don't get any. :(
    Why do companies offer you "free gifts?"
    Since when has a gift NOT been free?
  • Jen_Jen_5
    Jen_Jen_5 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    I was called just after opening my account and asked why i chose smile i told them it was for the wine and they said i had to make sure id put money in the account before the end of sept and then id get the wine. Im pretty sure that was all that was on the terms and conditions on their website when applying too. Give them a call and ask again after all its 6 bottles of wine :P
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The offer has now been extended to the end of November (And they have increased their credit interest rate a bit too!)

http://www.smile.co.uk/wine ;D
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • cricketer
    Options
    ::)
    I took up a similar offer with Smile several months ago and received my wine without any problem.

The added advantage is that by transferring to a Smilemore account for £6 per month you get free Worldwide Family Travel Insurance (including Winter Sports if under 66), plus Free Breakdown Cover.

Well worth a look!!!!!!
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i recently switched to smile from co-op (same company i know) who i'd been with for 7 years. very happy with both of them and would highly recommend them! and they're ethical which is my primary reason for using them. :)

didn;t get offered any wine though...oh well, can't win em all
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family