Moving TV to opposite wall from aerial socket

Comments

• Perfect, thanks

Looks much better option and is aesthetic
  • tired_dad
    tired_dad Posts: 631
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Plaster boards walls- to make it look absolutely spot on, nothing beats cutting holes, chasing behind wall and come out at destination with a nice box. Scrim tape, easyfil and repaint walls. That is what I would do if it were my place.
  • Oh well, been to the property on the weekend and just realised there is a massive floor to ceiling window with a balcony door that dashes any hope of wire fitted to skirting.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,412
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    metal675 wrote: »
    Oh well, been to the property on the weekend and just realised there is a massive floor to ceiling window with a balcony door that dashes any hope of wire fitted to skirting.

How about along the skirting and round the door hidden by the architrave?
  • metal675
    metal675 Posts: 81
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 13 December 2017 at 12:16PM
    Thanks.

I have this https://imgur.com/a/R3oSO

and want to have the TV on the right side of the window in the image.

Thanks in advance
  • metal675 wrote: »
    Thanks.

I have this https://imgur.com/a/R3oSO

and want to have the TV on the right side of the window in the image.

Thanks in advance
    Now that's confused me. I can see what appears to be an aerial socket on the right side of the window already! Have you got your left/right mixed up or is that socket disconnected or not a coax socket at all?

If you do need to get from one side of that window to the other, you have two choices. Run the cable along the ground (I can't see the detail of the threshold or trim because it's hidden by the net curtains) or run the cable around the frame as a previous responder suggested.
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response.

That is not a aerial socket, one is a telephone and other is a USB socket. The aerial socket is on the opposite side.

Running on the floor may not be an option as it will interfere with the opening of the balcony door. Only option will be to run it around the frame, not ideally my first choice but looks like the only choice.
  • DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Outside? .
  • DaftyDuck wrote: »
    Outside? .
    Yes, this is a possibility if OP has the tools and the know-how, or if they are prepared to pay someone to do it.

OP - this is worth looking into. Take the coax out of the outside wall and run it neatly under the door ledge before bringing it back inside again. You can get a blanking plate for the existing aerial socket and re-use the original face-plate on a back-box where the cable re-enters the room. New face-plates, blanking plates and back-boxes are cheap as chips from places like Screwfix and Toolstation. The cable won't be visible inside the room and if it's pinned neatly along the mortar line outside it won't look unsightly from the outside either.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,412
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    metal675 wrote: »

Image won't load for me :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income