Property into trust fund instead of paying probate

Options

Comments

• Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    Options
    Kerri7767 wrote: »
    Thank you for all your help , I did read on the internet thatbwirh these trusts probate isn't needed . But as we know not everything can be believed !
    There are a number of people pedalling these con schemes. First I have heard by a solicitor. Maybe your dad has spoken to one of them rather than his solicitor.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    Kerri7767 wrote: »
    May I ask do you work working solicitors and probate etc , you both have great knowledge!!!
    I don't. I have just been an executor several times and am interested in wills as a genealogist.
  • securityguy
    securityguy Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No need for my usual chiming in to say "don't waste your money", but "don't waste your money". How is it that the simple process of obtaining probate over a simple estate has become something for which cockamamie schemes are dreamt up to avoid?
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    No need for my usual chiming in to say "don't waste your money", but "don't waste your money". How is it that the simple process of obtaining probate over a simple estate has become something for which cockamamie schemes are dreamt up to avoid?
    just that a lot of people don't understand it and the shysters are always looking out for ways to con the gullible. Maybe sixth formers should be taught some practical skills on this and other everyday things that likely to affect most people at some time.
  • securityguy
    Options
    "Maybe sixth formers should be taught some practical skills on this"

Without wishing to be qualificationist, I rather doubt the targets for these schemes spent much time in further education.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    You are probably correct. That is no reason not teach life skills rather than less useful thins.
  • securityguy
    Options
    "That is no reason not teach life skills rather than less useful things"

Such as what, YM? Which of A Level maths, physics and computer science would you say is "less useful" for my computer science undergraduates?
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    You are probably correct. That is no reason not teach life skills rather than less useful thins.

The best way is probably for families to involve older children in these kinds of things when they happen, and to get over the weird 'don't tell the kids anything at all about our family finances' attitude that we have in this country!
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Which of A Level maths, physics and computer science would you say is "less useful" for my computer science undergraduates?

Probably computer science as they're more likely to pick up bad habits or misconceptions in school which then have to be unlearned.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    "That is no reason not teach life skills rather than less useful things"

Such as what, YM? Which of A Level maths, physics and computer science would you say is "less useful" for my computer science undergraduates?
    What is needed is a balance between life skills and academic ones. Just concentrating on academic skills does not produce what is needed for the real world.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure