Head out of sand time! £63k to zero!

Comments

• Bigskies
    Bigskies Posts: 109 Forumite
    Quiet day today, still recovering from last weekend! We're out for the days Friday and Saturday, so just enjoying a couple of relaxing days at home really. Sold a couple of bits on EBay, after postage cleared about twenty five pounds, so okay for a day's work and will cover fuel for the weekend. :j
    Am going to relax in tonight and binge watch some Line of Duty.....we saw the last series on the TV having not seen any of the others, and loved it, then found a box set of the first three series in a charity shop for £2 so are working our way through! It's so far provided about six nights entertainment, and will finish tomorrow I think, so eight nights for two quid works out at 25p a night -bargain! :rotfl:
    Jan 2018 £68,274 May 1 2018 £59,537
    Percentage of total debt paid 12.79%
    2018 target £10k So far: £8737
    Monthly target £833 January £1129 Feb £1278 Mar £1176 Apr £5152
    POAYDBX18 #124 £8737/10,000
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,581 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Line of duty is brilliant. I have only seen the last two on TV. Will need to put the first two series on my amazon wish list or check out charity shops.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    I loved line of duty. Waiting for the next series on netflix :o

Remember to close your next account once paid so you can't be tempted with the 'odd' thing ;) good news on the 0% :D
  • Bigskies

Remember to close your next account once paid so you can't be tempted with the 'odd' thing ;)

Yes, been there done that before. :o
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Bigskies wrote: »
    Yes, been there done that before. :o

Me too :o :rotfl:

Hope you're having a nice weekend :D
  • Bigskies
    It's been a lovely half term week, but back to earth with a bump now and back to work today. :(
    I'm currently working out my notice and have another four weeks to go then I'm moving to a new job, so on countdown now!
    I'm mildly concerned about the change of job moneywise as know it's always tricky with emergency tax and getting salaries paid properly, and with our budget being so tight we can't afford to have my pay messed up, but I shall just have to hope it goes smoothly! We don't have a cushion though, so keep everything crossed for me. I am doubling my commute but picking up a fairly decent pay rise, so hopefully will still be in profit after paying out for extra fuel and car stuff.
    Other than that, limited money saving this week, sold a couple of bits on FB, but had to also buy a few bits, so no real gain. Next lot of payments are all going out now, so I'm consoling myself that the numbers are going down, but I'll only tot up properly once a month.
    The new card should arrive today or tomorrow, so hopefully the Next account will go in the next couple of days onto 0%, so that will be good!
  • Bigskies
    Things remain relatively quiet here, plodding along trying to keep within the budget, spend less, pay off more, sell a few bits and bobs. Things are still selling on eBay in dribs and drabs; have probably made about £50 this week after postage, but have had a few extra expenses with kids school things, so breaking even.
    Have paid off the Next account as it stands, there's a few bits to go out as eldest boy informed me yesterday he needs sixth form uniform for NEXT WEEK, not September, so had to buy him a suit in a rush. Once the extra appears on the account it will go onto the 0% card though, so it's fine. Then once that's all done, the account will be closed and I'll actually have to physically go to clothes shops.....:cry: Still, it will stop me buying stuff that doesn't fit me, and keeping it....over the years I don't want to think about the number of Next things I've bought , in the sale, and eventually taken to the charity shop with the tags still attached. :mad:
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I suppose, post-GCSE, they start them in on 6th Form ASAP? Shame they couldn't just let them turn up in what they've worn so far, though. After all, there might be youngsters whose plans will change.

If you find any more of those Next items still with tags, you can always add them to eBay: I would imagine they would sell well. My selling has ground to a halt for now: no two weeks the same makes it harder to plan listing/posting.

Just had a thought - one advantage of buying a suit for your DS - at least he's probably past the stage where they skid everywhere on their knees and ruin school trousers in no time!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Bigskies
    I suppose, post-GCSE, they start them in on 6th Form ASAP? Shame they couldn't just let them turn up in what they've worn so far, though. After all, there might be youngsters whose plans will change.

If you find any more of those Next items still with tags, you can always add them to eBay: I would imagine they would sell well. My selling has ground to a halt for now: no two weeks the same makes it harder to plan listing/posting.

Just had a thought - one advantage of buying a suit for your DS - at least he's probably past the stage where they skid everywhere on their knees and ruin school trousers in no time!

Yes, into sixth form for induction and as prefects.
    Agree about the no skidding thing, however still growing like a weed so am buying extra long trousers and will wundaweb the hems up for a bit if I need to!
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ah - wundaweb! That boon of parents! Great stuff :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family