Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• Daydreambeliever
    Options
    Thank you Puzzcat and Carbootcrazy for welcoming me. Carbootcrazy I know exactly what you mean about reading the diaries and the not feeling so alone. I am really thinking of self managing next year, and reading through the diaries helps so much with the knowledge of someone who has been/is there, not being alone in this, the tips and following everyone's journey. Puzzcat some of your diary entries have had me in stitches and I look forward following your journey. Have a lovely weekend all x
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Puzzcat and Carbootcrazy for welcoming me. Carbootcrazy I know exactly what you mean about reading the diaries and the not feeling so alone. I am really thinking of self managing next year, and reading through the diaries helps so much with the knowledge of someone who has been/is there, not being alone in this, the tips and following everyone's journey. Puzzcat some of your diary entries have had me in stitches and I look forward following your journey. Have a lovely weekend all x

Morning..

No one knows about my debts either... my OH knows I have them but not how BIG they are.... obviously everyone on here knows..:rotfl:

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Morning.. Monday again.. :(

So dd was home for the weekend so about a £40 spend on a social for her and a food shop to take back yesterday.... could of been worse...!

Funny old weekend, spent most of it worrying about my cats and OH installed the new cat flap yesterday.. downside is my neighbours puzz who likes to come in and is no trouble now can't get in as he isn't micro chipped.. I have suggested they get him done then he can still visit... He can get out if he comes in, so can visit when a door is open... My cats are slowly getting used to it, they keep sitting under the porch bit and making it beep - open/close.... Fingers crossed this works as I am making myself soooo.. anxious over it, bad dreams etc and all I can think about when I wake in the early hours... i like 4pm when I can shut it all up and my furr babies are off to bed in the house...

Also finally got sky fixed as it has been broken for about 10 days or more.. dd is :mad: that we have now lost all our recordings but I can't watch everything on catch up for ever!!!

Lovely mother has got to go and have this lump removed this week, they won't/can't wait, its a shame as we are off on holiday next week, but I said we can both wrap our heads up as mummies if needs be..:rotfl:

Letter from Cap*tal O*e, lots of send us your payslips.. umm NO.. and fill in i & e.. umm NO... and then in little writing.. IF we don't receive this information we will keep you on your current plan.. umm.. YES.. so £5 a month for the next 6 months.... obviously debt won't be going down much and this is my biggest but I am trying to stash anything I can get my hands on in readiness for dd's private rental and her USA trip...

Right bits of work to do today, must get on the treadmill.. I am so lazy and have far to many wobbly bits... will be putting a new regime into place after my break with LM....

Let's hope its a nice quiet week with no dramas....

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I hope everything goes well with your LM's procedure:kisses3:. Bad timing for it, as you say, but best to get it out of the way. No use putting these things off (says she, the world's biggest procrastinator:o)

We have catflap trouble too! My cat is totally inept with catflaps, even though he's used it for nearly 9 years. He's a big strong boy but had trouble getting the flap to open until OH removed the strong closure magnet. It stays shut now unless it's very windy when it swings open all the time letting in an almighty cold blast of air. This is a cold and draughty house at the best of times so we can do without that:eek:. We never had our cat microchipped, might be worth thinking about and then buying a hi-tech flap.

Donkeys years ago, when we had an old, timid, neutered female cat there was a feral Tom that used to sneak in and steal her food and generally cause her angst. He occasionally sprayed which, as you found, is obnoxious:mad:. One morning I got up and something leapt up from the sofa giving me a real start:eek:. It was this big black cat which had been asleep on there. Goodness knows if he'd been sleeping in the house on other occasions, I'd never noticed unexpected cat hairs anywhere before. OH sealed up the catflap and we were at our girl's beck and call for letting her in or out for weeks. We planned to get her chipped and get a new flap but she sadly died (aged 20) and it was years before our current cat wormed his way into our lives (as cats do;)). OH unsealed the flap and we are still using the same one. Waste not want not, eh?:rotfl:
  • Daydreambeliever
    Options
    Hello Puzzcat, hope you don't mind me dropping by to say hello. Well I have reached the end of your diary and thank you so much for sharing your journey :). I did think about plucking up the courage to self manage next year, but now am inspired to do it this year. I also have a couple of debts that have never defaulted just AP markers, which I am going to push to get defaulted. Sometimes I hate thinking about the debt and it gets me down and I struggle a bit with the low moods and anxiety so I just keep my head down and pay the monthly payments and forget about it until the dreaded anxiety at having to do the annual I&E with Stepchange, as it means I have to acknowledge it. Still only 17 years to go :j,but I really think self managing means I could perhaps concentrate on one debt more than the other, but perhaps that's the wrong way to look at it. Either way, I am so grateful for the help that is on this site and the wonderful people on it as just knowing I'm not alone helps. Sorry for the waffling on lol!

I share my home with two elderly moggies (17 and 14), and my eldest cat has been receiving treatment for an overactive thyroid and now has chronic renal failure so it is regular blood checks and monthly medication, and I've really struggled the last year to keep on top but he is worth it and they are both my world.

I do hope your lovely mother gets on okay with having the lump removed.

Hope you are enjoying the gorgeous Spring day. So wonderful to see the sunshine.

Take care x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Daydreambeliever, your post really struck a chord with me, especially the bit about feeling low and anxious,and keeping your head down and letting SC get on with it:kisses3:.

I used to feel exactly the same and like you have found a lot of comfort and reassurance from these threads:T. Being in a lot of debt is a very lonely place to be and knowing there are lovely, non-judgemental people out there to share the experiences with is truly wonderful:j. Puzz, in particular, has been more help to me than she'll ever know:A. I so admire and envy her approach to her debts, she's certainly given me many a pause for thought about my own situation (along with lots of chuckles along the way:j).

As a result of Puzz's experiences and the fact that she manages to enjoy a real life despite the debt I've finally gone self-managed too:j. It wasn't easy for me, to be honest I was pretty worried about doing it after SC had held my hand for almost 4 years. But I bit the bullet in the New Year and haven't looked back since. Early days I know, I haven't tinkered with my repayments or anything yet but I hope some juggling later on in the year will allow me the flexibility to get a couple of debts paid off quicker, especially if I can negotiate good F&F settlement figures;)

All I can add is that self-managing does offer more freedom, as you suggested it might, and some people thrive on it. But please don't embark on that route until you feel really confident that it's the right way for you. We're all different.

I hope it's still Spring-like where you are. That's 2 days in a row here, I can't believe it:rotfl:. OH gave the garden it's first mow of the year yesterday too although it took ages as it had been growing quickly this past few weeks (probably all that rain:eek:) and was looking very shaggy.

Good luck and take care of yourself:beer:
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Hello...

CBC and Daydreambeliever we are all so similar with our worries and anxiety's but we will get to the end of our journeys hopefully still smiling..!!!

So this week has cost a fortune..

The unneutered tom has been hanging around all week so I purchased a water pistol, doesn't diswade him from visiting but he's not keen when I get a hit..:rotfl: Have kept my cats in mostly, apart from a brief trip out with me in the morning and afternoon.. but then Thursday my boy decided to chase after him.. que a £80 vet bill this morning for a cat bite on his tail... I really would like to keep them in all the time, I'm sure it would be cheaper and a lot easier on my stress levels...

These have been through the roof this week, I so overthink everything but hey they are in now due to the boys injury and will stay in whilst I am away as OH works long days..

So I really must put some effort into getting organised for my trip.. I currently have 1 book and 3 adapters packed..:rotfl:

Am off out shortly to do a bit of work and sort my holiday money.. then home for a well deserved nap before going out this evening with my girls.. My best friends daughter is playing taxi so just drinks and meal to pay for... And I think this is my first social I have attended this year...:eek:

Got a response from the FBO about my lack of default from Creation despite selling it to Lowells.. and they don't feel that they have done anything wrong.. but have suggested I keep my payments at £5 as next month would be 6 months at low payments so a default may arrive.. ho hum... I will just have to save harder and get this one on a f & f as soon as I can.. Not anytime soon with the way money is leaking from my purse and bank account...!

Right best get on, don't want to run out of time for my nap...:rotfl:

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 20 March 2017 at 9:28AM
    Options
    I hope Puss is feeling better now. My boy has the courage of a lion when interlopers appear on his territory but he isn't much of a fighter (he's more the make a lot of noise type of deterrent) and he always comes off worst:eek:. Cat bites are nasty things:(

Here I am enquiring after your cat's health and not your LM's:o. I hope she's fighting fit now and will be able to enjoy your joint break:beer:

Wish I was going on one myself but it's now only 21 days until OH goes on his:j. Maybe a Staycation (as in staying at home) is better for me anyway, certainly cost-wise ;)

Have a good week:beer:
  • blisteringblue
    Options
    Hi Puzz long time no speak,

I'm having the same fun and games with the couple of F&Fs I have tried on the back of my 4 month payment holiday. Some are starting to get a bit twitchy so I will be starting again next month with the payments but minus Mrs BBs wage as she is no longer working. The F&Fs are proving hard work, just replied to one yesterday telling them they were incompetent idiots, so hopefully that might stir them into action.

Waiting on 3 final defaults which have been promised but not on the Noddle account yet. I've told them although I am starting payments again it will only start when I see the defaults. That might queue calls and mither again but will just ignore.

I've given up with the DMP thread, I know it's not a PC thing to say but it simply bores me now, same questions over and over again.

Keep up the good work.

BB
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    I hope Puss is feeling better now. My boy has the courage of a lion when interlopers appear on his territory but he isn't much of a fighter (he's more the make a lot of noise type of deterrent) and he always comes off worst:eek:. Cat bites are nasty things:(

Here I am enquiring after your cat's health and not your LM's:o. I hope she's fighting fit now and will be able to enjoy your joint break:beer:

Wish I was going on one myself but it's now only 21 days until OH goes on his:j. Maybe a Staycation (as in staying at home) is better for me anyway, certainly cost-wise ;)

Have a good week:beer:

Hi cbc,

Thank you for your concern about my puzz and my LM.. both are doing ok... having been kept in whilst I was away they have been enjoying supervised time in the garden, unfortunately I can't do that long term so will just have to go with the flow.. the other cat was hanging around again today...:mad:

LM is waiting for the results of her biopsy, no idea when that will be but again just have to keep the fingers crossed...

Not long now till your mini break at home..:D

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income