Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    aau1 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you because i only need 1. If i can't find a promo bag of maltesers tomorrow you can have one of my 5

I did see a pack in my T express petrolstation but that was last week...will have to go on a road trip. I know the big stores have none :(
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Does anyone have a figure in their head whereby they would just concede the savings game and just give up?

I think my break even point would be 0.75% so we are not that far off

What then - Premium bonds? At least your money is safe and you can cash them in when you need to pay a big bill
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 October 2016 at 7:19PM
    CORONA HAS WORKED A v W !!!

Sorry if already posted but just got my APG back :D

2qbdgl2.jpg

Buy in 3's to keep APG below a tenner - this gave a fraction over £9. Off to buy more ........
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    So my neighbour... A daughter moved in her bed ridden mother a year ago telling her mother that she was renovating her house. Turns out that she sold her house, kept the money and has essentially left her to die. All the mother has next door is a hospital bed and a nurse that goes in daily. She doesn't want to pay for more substantial care for her and now refuses to pay rent! My other neighbour is the landlord and tried to do an inspection and was met with abuse. So far they've taken her to court twice and nothing has come of it. They've left all their rubbish/waste in the garden as they don't want to step outside and I've heard the lady cry at all hours in the morning as she's alone. It's an odd situation.

This is terrible PD....poor soul.......are social services aware of her predicament?:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    There were loads of sizes of different men's shorts, I did mention there were some good bargains this morning. I thought the menswear reductions were particularly good this time round. :money:

I was at work:( miss all the bargains:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Agreed! Mr Ted should set up an instagram account, i'm sure he'd amass a healthy following. I'd certainly follow.

Who knows where that could lead too..........

He really wanted a fb account but apparently stuffed toys are banned:eek:

I take this as a great compliment coming from our resident photographic expert.
    Maybe I could arrange him into letters of the alphabet?

I am not the best at taking photos and this one was done on n's old Antigua phone. For me it is more about what the photo says than getting the light right but I really enjoy it.
    Didn't take many this holiday as felt a bit daft taking him out and about. He is definitely more of a resort Bear:rotfl:
    In this photo he was still sulking as I promised him a new holiday Hawaiian shirt but couldn't get any scaled down fabric. Might have to buy some of the printable fabric sheets and make my own.

He is off to Disney on 21st so needs a new Halloween outfit. Any ideas?

V x

Also dinner with Cinderella. I have an old tutu belonging to dgd so could make him a princess outfit.
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    curl_girl wrote: »
    No izzey.
    Halifax is dropping to 0.05% soon, so 50p on £1000.00.
    Absolutely crazy.....:(
    All help would be appreciated!
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-cash-isa
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Not yet but I can see it will have its turn sometime this month :rotfl:

Tonight is Scottish beef beefburgers (butcher, nice thick ones) plus vegetables.
    I have never had spam:p
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Ok it's official I have no willpower. :o

08A8A958-86A5-4368-A03F-746FCCB8006A.jpg

Superdrug the BB creams I got for £2.50 are now down to £1 as if I don't have enough but I didn't have a free gift before. :whistle:

Only went in for my £2 loo rolls and now have to add £4 to my frocky total. :eek:
    Thats why i didnt do challenge:rotfl:
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    Now evening but hoping all went well for you and not too distressing, I know its upsetting but im sure you coped well x

Thanks but its tomorrow:(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    I was at work:( miss all the bargains:rotfl::rotfl:

I should be looking for a job rather than looking at bargains. :o
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    ----> News right, oh no, W now require a purchase before free coffee in some stores :(. Wonders out loud if the free newspaper, free mag (after MyW kicks in) counts - you sometimes have to add something anyway depending on the newspaper to get the price down :D.

Anon

In my local W, you can get the cup with or without purchasing anything, but with a purchase it adds to the overall costs. However, the other day I went to the one in Sheffield, they would not let me get one at the till and add to the overall costs... so had to run back into the store to get something else to meet the conditional spend. Then I got a flipping bus lane fine... I had been at lights which changed 4 times and I did not move as cars were feeding in from the right and parking on the yellow squares blocking everyone else. I am going to actively avoid Sheffield in rush hour!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure