noodle/callcredit issue

Options
HI all i have slowly managed to regain control of things and my credit file is improving i have two old barclaycard accounts that defaulted back in october 2011 so are now gone from most credit file places ie experien clearscore and equifax ......they was still showing on Equifax but i disputed them and they was removed after they checked with barclaycard centre..but callcredit have refused to remove the files they have no default listed same as equifax didnt just the settlement date which is when the debt was sold on ...they responded with a email saying that either barclaycard have refused or the time allowed has passed for a reply niether i belive as its been less then a week since i disputed and equifax had already got them to agree to remove the file

so what can i do? any help would be greatful for

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You need to ask Barclaycard to default the account. The CRA’s can only amend files on request from the lenders/creditors.

What exactly happened with the account?
  • jobe1972
    jobe1972 Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 June 2018 at 4:26PM
    Options
    The accounts were sold on eventually to hoist who took me to court then dropped both cases when i mounted a defence they became statue barred end of 2017

the accounts were defaulted on experian etc and had no issue dropping off just looking at the accounts on callcredit seem to be having a issue even though barclaycard as already defaulted the accounts must have or they wouldnt of had a default date on the other agencies
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If they were reported as defaulted on one CRA then the account must of defaulted.

Send a written complaint to Barclaycard c/o their complacence/data controller, ask for clarification on why only one CRA is reporting the default, and why they will not allow the others to update the information.

They have 8 weeks to send you a final response, after that if the matter is not resolved, you can involve the ICO (information commissionaires office) who will investigate your complaint on your behalf, and decide who is right and who is wrong.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • jobe1972
    jobe1972 Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi ty for replying would you happen to have the address for the Barclaycard c/o their complacence/data controller or can this be done via email ?
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Whose name is on the default, barclaycard or hoist?
    Under GDPR its the right for rectification
    https://www.barclays.co.uk/important-information/control-your-data/
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    jobe1972 wrote: »
    Hi ty for replying would you happen to have the address for the Barclaycard c/o their complacence/data controller or can this be done via email ?

DATA CONTROLLER
    BARCLAYS BANK PLC
    ONE CHURCHILL PLACE
    LONDON
    E14 5HP

or

Barclaycard
    PO Box 10200
    Wigston
    LE18 9ER
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure