Barclays Blue Rewards on more than one account

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    To be fair to the OP s/he has not posed as two different customers. A second current account, under a different customer profile, has been opened due to an error in the online process. I think that the OP should contact Barclays to regularise the position. The second account can be kept open (if desired) but both accounts should appear under the one customer profile.
    I'd still like an answer to the question: has anyone received blue rewards in respect of more than one Barclays current account in their name?
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Seems like I haven't just got two separate accounts, but I am actually (in Barclay's eyes) two separate customers - they've sent me two different codes for internet banking, with different customer numbers and two different telephone banking PINS. Will wait till the switch goes through on the first account, then try to set up blue rewards on the second and see what happens...

This happens. Two attempts to replace guesswork with fact:

Do both profiles permit access - online and/or on the telephone?

Do both accounts appear simultaneously online and/or on the telephone?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
  • Flobberchops
    Flobberchops Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    As each customer profile is treated as a separate person (with the same name, living at the same address - hey, it could happen, if you were named after your father), theoretically you could sign up for Blue Rewards twice. Or a hundred times, if you can somehow have a hundred profiles created.

Obviously each customer should only have one profile and this is the kind of thing that is unlikely to go unnoticed forever - and when the game is up, the bank may take a dim view if you have knowingly profited from the error.
    : )
  • beefturnmail
    beefturnmail Posts: 906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 June 2018 at 11:23PM
    Options
    I've not posed as two different people - I filled in an application form, then on the final page after clicking submit it gave me a message which basically said, your session has timed out, please complete the application again. Which I did, using the exact same details (obviously) and they've apparently set me up on their systems twice.

Both profiles permit access online to the individual accounts - you can't see the other - not sure about the telephone banking - indeed I've no way of telling which telephone banking PIN relates to which account
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    As each customer profile is treated as a separate person (with the same name, living at the same address - hey, it could happen, if you were named after your father).

With the same DOB too though? I guess it could be my twin, who happens to also share my name and applied for the same account 2 minutes after I did - I would have thought that Barclays systems would be smart enough to recognise the much more likely scenario of what actually happened, but it seems not.
  • f1wade
    f1wade Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Seems like I haven't just got two separate accounts, but I am actually (in Barclay's eyes) two separate customers - they've sent me two different codes for internet banking, with different customer numbers and two different telephone banking PINS. Will wait till the switch goes through on the first account, then try to set up blue rewards on the second and see what happens...
    How did this go? 
    Did you get 2 seperate pay outs? 
  • Katiehound
    Options
    Actually I don't know why anyone would want x2 Blue Rewards- at the normal rate you don't stand to make much of a profit, after all the charge is £4 pm. (Unless you have a mortgage & /or insurance products)
    If the rewards are double- ah,  that is indeed worth having. It was a nice little earner
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback