Hard Footprint credit searches mistakenly left on my profile

Comments

• I had the same letter a fortnight ago and sent it back with my details. It claims to have the refund sent within 10 calendar days. I'm still waiting.
  • I too sent my form straight back off and still waiting for the money !!!129488;
  • I'm interested to know why Martin hasn't brought this issue up yet. If you applied for credit during the times stated in the Dollar UK letter and you were turned down, then surely customers have a right to go for ALOT more compensation? We could do with a template letter and an idea of how much can be claimed.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm interested to know why Martin hasn't brought this issue up yet. If you applied for credit during the times stated in the Dollar UK letter and you were turned down, then surely customers have a right to go for ALOT more compensation? We could do with a template letter and an idea of how much can be claimed.

One hard search isn't going to have much effect on applying for credit unless you also have other issues on your credit report.

So wipe those pound signs out your eyes and just be happy with the £75 you have been offered.

If you were actually turned down for credit during that time then how would you know that it was due to these hard searches?. You obviously never check your credit reports otherwise you would have seem these incorrect searches at the time and made a complaint then. So I can't see what possible evidence you have for a higher amount of compensation?.

I too recieved one of these letters today. I will not be accepting the £75 they are offerering . Those mistakes could have lost me much more money than £75 especially if I had to source a loan with a higher interest rate because of those mistakes on my credit rating. If they are offering you £75 then I would say they are expecting the real settlement to be much higher. Don't accept this offer is my advice .

I wouldn't take any financial advice from someone who needs a template letter to make a complaint!
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    cjmillsnun wrote: »
    If it is only hard searches that they are giving ‘compensation’ for then £75 is more than reasonable.

I know this is old fashioned but I think I would be asking for a cheque.

Sort code and account number are more than enough to screw you over with.

You've obviously never written a cheque - that has your signature too!
  • Sorry my friend you are wrong. I have just received a letter today stating " they have considered my response and are proposing a revised offer of ...." I'm not going to give you the figure but its alot more than £75 . Clearly i didn't need a template after all....:wink:

:beer:
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sorry my friend you are wrong. I have just received a letter today stating " they have considered my response and are proposing a revised offer of ...." I'm not going to give you the figure but its alot more than £75 . Clearly i didn't need a template after all....:wink:

:beer:

So 3 days ago you didn't have a clue what to put in a letter or how much compensation you could get, you weren't even able to provide any examples of how this has negatively effected you and you didn't even know about it until the told you.

But somehow you have managed to send them a letter/email, they have considered your letter and investigated it then written back to you in only 3 days offering a higher amount.

Also coupled with the fact that you have given minimal details makes it seem like none of this ever happened. Surely if this really happened then you would have shared the amount you got and details of how you did it to "prove me wrong" and encourage other people to do the same.

So i look forward to hearing more details about this seeing a copy of the letter uploaded (with personal details removed).

But if you are able to do this don't celebrate your "success" too much. As if this is true this shows you have little grasp on your finances and must have been rejected for credit in the past or paid a higher rate. But never bothered to check your credit reports because you never found out about this until now. I can't imagine the money you have "lost" and overpaid over the years due to your limited grasp of your finances and credit report!.
  • houdini1976
    houdini1976 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Have a day off. You sound like a bitter and twisted old man. I will post the letter when i have completed negotiating with them.
  • Hey Houdini, if possible can you let me know how you got on please. I'm still waiting on them getting back to me as I declined their offer of £75. Thankyou x
  • joesab
    joesab Posts: 61 Forumite
    i got my 75 paid into my bank today! Had to phone them about it last week, they apologised for the delay but its in now! I wouldnt bother challenging it unless you know for certain it has adversely affected you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure