PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Any toasters that fit big bread?

Options
Our old toaster is getting a bit temperamental and we are looking for a new one. Problem is none of them seem to be deep enough to fit the large bread you get nowadays. Does anyone know of one that fits large bread vertically - at the moment we have a 2-slot 4 slice toaster and you have to put the bread in sideways so you can only get two slices in!

Joe

Comments

• Stephen_Leak
    Options
    One of those big shiny Dualit or De Longhi ones?
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • frostyspice
    Options
    My new Russell Hobbs 4-slice stainless steel one isn't too bad for big bread, but I expect you could do better. The more expensive the better, I would have thought. I've recently had a Frigidaire 2-slice one (went back to Robert Dyas after burning everything) and a Morphy Richards 2-slice one and they aren't any good for big bread at all.
  • Pipkin
    Pipkin Posts: 575 Forumite
    Options
    We've got a 4 slice Dualit (the older type ones, coloured enamel and chrome, not the newer all one colour ones) and I've never had any bread that didn't fit in it.. even slices of home made bread (and I'm no good at cutting those thin) will fit.

It's not a very moneysaving product though, being expensive, but it looks fab and hopefully will last.

Next feature them in their catalogue now, might be an easier way to get one than initial outlay (it was the only way I could afford one) - again not a very moneysaving ethic though I'm afraid.
    M.A.C.A.W member number 39 :D

Those who are inclined to casual cruelty say that inside a fat girl is a thin girl and a lot of chocolate. Terry Pratchett
  • Stephen_Leak
    Options
    Pipkin wrote: »
    It's not a very moneysaving product though, being expensive, but it looks fab and hopefully will last.

If you couldn't find it cheaper elsewhere, and especially if it does outlast the previous cheaper ones, then it is fully compliant with MSE principles.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • crazyvish
    crazyvish Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wish to re-open this thread and amaze people to the fact that . . . . even today i.e. after 3yrs of opening this thread I am still searching for a 2-slice Toaster that will fit large slices of bread (not thick slices) !! :o.

Can someone suggest me a low-priced yet good quality 2-slice toaster that can take Warbutons Toastie that comes in their larger pack version?

Thanks,
    Vish.
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    If ever you do find one - let us know! I tend to cut the slices in half if they're too "tall" and sometimes won't fit sideways anyway. Problem then is the need to turn everything off and use a knife to extract them when they're ready!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    crazyvish wrote: »
    I wish to re-open this thread and amaze people to the fact that . . . . even today i.e. after 3yrs of opening this thread I am still searching for a 2-slice Toaster that will fit large slices of bread (not thick slices) !! :o.

Can someone suggest me a low-priced yet good quality 2-slice toaster that can take Warbutons Toastie that comes in their larger pack version?

Thanks,
    Vish.

Might it be worth contacting Warburton's Customer Service and ask them for advice? I'd have thought they'd test the bread before marketing it so they might have a few ideas.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have a cheapo one that won't fit any thick bread at all :( i really want to make toasties in those toastie bags but they don't fit, i was looking at a few iin tesco some did look quite thick but they were all really expensive
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • mumoftwo
    mumoftwo Posts: 1,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Especially since they call their bread Warbutons Toastie, you would think it would fit into a toaster unless people still do their toast under the grill?
  • grannigrunt
    grannigrunt Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Try a Waring toaster. Argos do them. I paid 50 quid for mine ( 4 slice) the other week so they're not cheap but it has a 3 year guarantee and is a bit of a beast! You may be able to get one cheaper on the internet. Got fed up of toasters that either took ages to brown or only toasted one side of bread. This one great.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure