PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daioly Monday 1st July 2019

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 1 July 2019 at 6:28AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Monday 1st July 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Sun shining, sky is blue.

DH and DS1 now getting ready for work, I'm showered, dressed and enjoying first cuppa and my porridge whilst on here. DS2 settled an ok.

Lunch yesterday was a meal out with DS2, we managed to get to spend some time with him yesterday, he's settled and happy. We went to one of the big pub chains for lunch, was ok, cheap and cheerful, they were really busy but service was quick and food ok. Dinner tonight will be fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg.

Back to work today, we could have a busy day today being the 1st of the month, and we move offices next week, we close Friday where we are and re-open Wednesday 10th at new offices - no doubt that will cause some issues - pleased I'm going to be on my hols at that point! Can't want for our hols - we both are well ready for some r&r and down time.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Good morning, and thanks NMLC for starting.
    It's brightening up now, but when I got up an hour ago, it was darkish with heavy cloud.

I got quite a bit of washing dry yesterday after Ds and family went home mid morning - I even ironed it!!

I'm trying to keep the washing and ironing down now, as we're going away next week to a family wedding in the south west. We're taking the caravan and making a bit of a holiday out of it, so we're getting organised this week. I can't stand last minute hustle and bustle now - when I was younger I took it in my stride, but now I aim for an easier life.

What's happening today - a dental appt this morning, just a routine check up. Then book club, if there's time. This afternoon I'll be taking Dgd to the crafting session at the library then back here for tea.

Dp1 , hope your little Dgd is improving.

Thinking of Holly, Taff, Poppy, Gers and her Mum and others who are ill or caring for family.

Hope everyone has as good a day as they can
    Take care folks xx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Nice bright day here again meant to be sunny all day but not as warm as Saturday.

Back to work for me today and we are opening an new coffee shop on site today which I will be overseeing, so a busy few days ahead I think, the girl who is going to be working in there had a bit of a melt down Friday and burst into tears, so it might prove to be an interesting day !!

I cooked a chicken yesterday for tonight's dinner so will just have to do some wedges to go with it tonight and a salad, it will do tomorrows dinner too.

Ebay parcels to post tonight and a dress that needs to go back to Amazon, I will flicking through one night and bought this dress without realising using their one click button ordereing, when I realised the next day I tried to cancel but it was already on the way, it arrived Saturday and even if I was a size zero (which I am far from) it would be very snug indeed !! so beware one click ordering !!

Right better get on have good days all xx

Thinking of you Gers xx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's not as warm here as it has been so that is something to be grateful for. Steve has gone off to work and everyone else is sleeping. Today is a special day for Lee as he is changing his name by deed poll so he will officially be Oleander and I will say goodbye to Rebekah. I have mixed emotions but will ensure I am outwardly happy for him. He has been living as a man for a year now so I do not doubt his commitment, I just miss my Becky Boo. His godmother is coming over to be the witness which seems appropriate somehow as she has been the most supportive towards him.

I have the district nurse coming over this morning to do my legs and take some blood again. Hopefully she will get it first try this time. We are going to have a tidy up as well as my cleaner starts tomorrow and I don't want her thinking we live in a hovel.

I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,670 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 July 2019 at 7:27AM
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. My lappy has been playing silly beggars this morning - showing it's age like it's owner! After numerous stop start attempts it finally decided to co-operate.

It's a bit of a miserable start hereabouts but set to improve slightly as the day progresses. I am thinking I might get the bus from town along the valley bottom to a neighbouring small town. The big attraction there is it's the home of our nearest Wilco! I know how to live it up! It's always worth a browse, plus there are numerous cs as well!

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for the sad, worried, poorly or lonely and MIA. GERS I hope your sore throat doesn't develop into anything worse and have you checked the BB date on the lemon sherbets you found in the drawer!! Take care all xx

Cross posting with DUMPLING. A year?! Gosh it doesn't seem so long ago you told us about Oleander. Today is a big day for him. x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Dumpling, congratulations to Lee, he's a very brave young man and you're a wonderful mother.

It looks beautiful outside, sunshine with a breeze so hopefully it won't be too hot. I want to deep clean the bathrooms again today and wash the bedding, I know how to live.

We took Laura home last night (Brian took their car to Glastonbury) and she has only 3 days more of work and then she is fully freelance plus her studying for her degree so she'll still be busy.
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning everyone,

Happy Monday!!

I had a lovely weekend in the sun. My brother and his GF came to visit on Saturday afternoon and left 24 hours later. They're great company, both very talkative and with a great sense of humour so the time together was brilliant. Also, a bit like me, they watch the pennies, so it wasn't going to spiral in to an expensive weekend thankfully.

Yesterday evening was the first time in a long time where I had everything done. As in, I was struggling to think about what I could get up to. So I'm prepared for the week ahead and looking forward to it for some reason. No plans as it stands.

Finished last month on 13 NSD's which is below average for me. I'll be aiming for at least 15 this July, starting today!

I hope everyone has a super week!
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,012 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning folks - and welcome to a new month.

My sore throat is developing well, I feel like the tubes between nose and mouth are dilated so it may become sinusitis. Fingers crossed that it won't.

Yesterday was very peaceful apart from the noisy rain. I spent a lot of it in bed asleep only getting up to feed and water DM who was very happy to watch TV and complete another crossword.

I ordered a jumper from the JL sale, it's one that I bought DM back in May for £45 rather than buy myself one - now it's down to £15 so I jumped in! :j It's a rather lovely blue and white striped cotton jumper.

One of my lovely friends sent me a bouquet of flowers from N ext, such a great thought.

Dumpling - congrats to Lee and to all your family for coming through a challenging time. Such resilience and love is wonderful.

I watched some bits of Glastonbury, loved the music but so grateful that I wasn't there, I'm not a lover of festivals or camping.

I hope that everyone has a good day and a very happy Monday.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Morning all, just a quick pop in as I've quite a bit to do, all desperately boring things.

Congratulations to Lee.

Best wishes to those who are struggling and I really should get a wiggle on.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all,
    It's a bit grim up North today :D.The heavens opened last night and we had to dash out and put the garden chair cushions away _ I was soaked in less than a minute,Sunday didn't live up to the local forecast.Saturday was lovely but cooled down a lot later in the day.We went to a local music festival and it was really good. Our godson was playing with his band and they went down well. We met up with his mum & dad,(our best friends) and other band followers. A local paper photographer was taking photos for their website.I'm on one of them - from the neck down :D,is he trying to tell me I'm an old wrinkly :rotfl:His real subjects were 2 pretty young women sat in front of us.Gave us a laugh though.DS dropped us off which saved us forking out for a taxi, we got a lift back too with our friends.
    I've got a friend visiting this afternoon,after her docs appointment - she's having a knee replacement soon and is trying to lose weight beforehand so no cake today!
    I dont have much cooking to do for tea as there is plenty left from yesterday,both DS went out unexpectedly.
    Dumpling- Happy name change day to Lee x
    Hope you are all ok, & get well thoughts to those who are unwell x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Dumpling

What an unusual and striking name. It makes me think of Shakespeare or the classics. Congratulations to you all.

Gers

I don't want to worry you but my sore throat and rattling cough with fever has now after two days involved the D word. It definitely is what baby had for the last week. Ironically I have a fridge full of really healthy food with lots of fruit and veg etc and cannot eat any of it. Managing to nibble some dry cream crackers and have flat soda or water and staying in my bedroom which is next to the bathroom. I e mailed the library as I am likely to be infectious till Thursday.

DD, sil and baby are going away for the weekend so I will not be baby wrangling on Friday and can have a quiet week,

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business