PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 September 2011 at 7:15PM
    I have also done a meat order with Donald Russell for the first time. A friend of mine raves about them. I am getting :
    2 ribeye steaks
    2 pave rump steaks
    4 pave rump medallions
    4 grand steak burgers
    12 mini steak burgers
    £29 (this is a half price offer) with free delivery.
    I have also added another half price deal for 8 x 440g steak mince at £19.

Oooh DH gets a 10% discount from this company via his position at the bank, mainly because he deals with this companies accounts. I think I might place an order seeing as it's half price. The only trouble is I am going to have to empty my freezer for the meat..lol
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Evening campers, unfortunately I had to pop to Asda for something for DH's tea. Stupid me forgot to get something out to defrost, and most of the food in the freezer you can't really cook from frozen. Plus I didn't fancy sausages which you can cook from frozen..

Anyway I spent £19.66, but I did get some whoopsied duck fillets so I have decided we shall have that with either a plum sauce or a gooseberry sauce. I have both fruits in the freezer so won't take long to do.
    I decided a few weeks ago that I would drive out to the farms in the country near my house to buy veg and eggs. I couldn't believe how much cheaper it is. I get a GIANT cauliflower for 50p and the same price for giant cabbages and big bags of carrots. Also the extra large free range eggs are £3.20 for 30 eggs, and they also have trays of little pullets eggs for £1.50.

I love getting stuff from our local farm, their eggs are fantastic and so much better than the supermarket ones. I do occasionally get some cooking apples from there, but the majority of my fruit and veg is delivered from my Riverford veg man. It is so much better as it is all seasonal plus you get the odd thing you would never consider buying. Plus it taxes your brain to find different receipes for the veg. And it actually doesn't work out that dearer than supermarket veg, but more superior quality :D

Oh well off to update signature and then put DH's pasta on for his tea, seeing as he has just walked through the door..lol
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    £5.79 in Aldi - 2 x fruit juice, grapes, pineapple, lettuce, cucumber, nectarines, tinned sweetcorn, baked beans and washing up liquid (as apparently it's meant to be as good as Fairy).
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • nickynoo08
    nickynoo08 Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Had a bit of money left in the gc pot from last month so have decided to increase this months budget to £140 from £110 and take advantage of some offers currently instore.

Did a top up/stock up shop in mrT's yesterday and spent £48.27, so should have around £55 left in budget (i'll do the sums later and update my sig)
    £387.39/£196.46
    Pay my debt by End of Feb 2022
    49.28% paid!

£199.55/£500 savings by End of April 2022
    39.91% saved!

Make £2022 in 2022 - £20
  • shell2001
    shell2001 Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    NSD today - feeling quiet smug with myself. Used left over roast chicken to make a pie for tea. Had some puff pastry left over so made some cheese n onion pasties too, rather than throwing it away, and they are yummy!

Did pop to Mr T yesterday looking for school bags for DD's. £16 spent on rucksacks. Pick up some cheese as it was BOGOF, porridge oats (for flapjacks), Dairylea dunkers BOGOF, and 3 x Magners No17. The dunkers worked out the cheapest option of a snack as the girls were starvvvvvving. The cider is for a meal round at a friends next week so another £11 off the budget so £184.38 left. May need milk towards the end of the week and a top up of fruit & veg but that should be it - fingers crossed!
  • As I was so "over" budget last month I have decided to keep a record of my NSD this month! Luckily I have a freezer full of food and picked a bag full of wonderfull apples off my tree today so will be baking this weekend.
    My daughter made lovely and very cheap oat biscuits as well so the buscuit barrell is also stocked up.:rotfl:It has been a Goooood day!
    Return and Restart August 2016
    22 Months to be debt free Aug2016 £12971.00:p:o:p By Jun2018
    PAYDBX2016 #155 = £2268.93/£3414.93 00% paid
    UK Debt #00 = £9857.23/£13039 6% paid
    EmSavFund #204 = £85.00/£1000 6% paid
    Mortgage #00 = £183084/£183093 00% paid
  • Hi All

Hope I'm doing this right!

I've received the MSE emails for years but never joined in with the forums. So here goes!

Starting the September Grocery Challenge with a budget of £440.

Am also having a go at a 2nd purse.

If I'm doing anything wrong, please advise.

:rotfl:
    Jan 2012 GC £600/£78.33 Spent
    2nd Purse £20.00

:hello:
  • Updating signature, £2 spent today on milk. Will need some fresh fruit & veg but trying to hold off 'til Thursday, I have an eye appointment and there is a L*dl nearby. Will need to have a look at their website and see if they have any good offer on fresh stuff.

September Grocery Challenge £181.51/£270.00
    August Grocery Challenge £298.60/£270.00
  • Well i feel like im doing better than last month, when i overspent by more than double, but its early days. I have a Tesco shop being delivered tomorrow, totalling £20.02, but that should last the week, so fingers crossed. Hope everyone is doing ok.
  • Had to go to Mr S for school yesterday and that put an end to the NSD - it wasn't too bad though, naan breads, apple juice (I had a voucher) a half price rotisserie chicken for OH lunches and some whoopsied sausages.
    Have in laws coming to dinner tonight - roast chicken from freezer with stuffing made from some of the sausages (the rest are in the freezer as I speak)
    So 6.42 on the budget.
    Off to school now - anyone else feel like making American pancakes with 23 13 year olds:D
    I was off to conquer the world but I got distracted by something sparkly :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport