PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry to ask, but trying to put info into the signature bit, I have gone to control panel and input the info I wanted but its not showing up in the signature, what am I doing wrong?

Sunflower - did you click the save signature button below the text box?

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi all, I'm in please :D

I want to try and keep to £380. Just done a big sainsbug shop (and got a late voucher as a bonus) but have worked out I may have enough for 17 main meals, which is a good start ;)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • Cheers Sunnyday, sorted :beer:
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • Can I have £110 for this month (5th - 25th Nov) please!
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • Herbyme
    Herbyme Posts: 720 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi,
    Thanks as always to those who make this thread possible. Please can I aim again for £600 for Nov, thanks!
  • May I please join from 28th Oct to 27th Nov £100 only- now this is a challange:eek:
    Don't forget smiling :):):)
  • Hi everyone.
    I've been absent from the thread since August but want to get back on track. Things are changing in my house, as OH is moving out while we try to work things out. I wasn't sure whether to budget for his food this month or not but think I will till things settle down.
    Thank you so much for all your work on the thread Pink-Winged, MrsMcCawber and rosieben.
    Please can you put me down for £500 for November and I will hope to be under! Thanks.
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i cant get my colours to work to show my challenge in red--maybe i should take my computer back for a refund lol or do i need an expensive training course??!! neither of which are likely so the total is 175 for my wife to stick to--she has accepted that we need to find out what we spend with a view to finding more economic ways of running the household budget--im not sure we are a good subject really because we dont live in the uk--my wife was telling me earlier that if we spend 175 here it would cost at least double in the uk --turkey doesnt import any food of any kind and my belief that colgate total is Numero uno is mis-guided because there are turkish brands as good for a fraction of this imported product --4 quid for 125ml for colgate here--by buying it i am being 'showey'--i bought enough for 2 years back from the uk in the summer at 1,50 a tube!!--she buys quality food i have discovered irrespect of price --she spent 6 pounds of fruit and veg this evening which she informs me can be got for 1 pound at a cheap outlet--my eyes are being opened!!--its no wonder i have a shiney coat and wagging tail in life!!(thats a thing i find odd about this challenge how people dissect their pet food from their groceries when pets are eating breathing members of the family!!)
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • schrodie
    schrodie Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    I'm probably being too optimistic but I'm going to try for £240 for November. It's my first attempt but I'm very determined.
  • suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Godd evening folks I succeeded in the October challenge and I am so pleased so can you please put me down for £425 for November please. Cupboards are not empty but there is not much in them either!!! Good luck to everyone, posting on here definately helps keep on track!
    Every days a School day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport