bodyshop freebies

Comments

• Chia wrote: »
    Wow, I can't believe you posted that. WHY don't you know much about L'oreal taking over? I guess what I said about Nestle causing the deaths of children did not even alarm you enough to do a little Googling. Are you trying to avoid finding out more because you're afraid it might bother you, or do you straight up not care at all?

I don't think it's any of your business what the posters values are or whether they care about the things you do or not.

This thread is about the fact that bodyshop samples can be obtained from stores, not about the ethical values of the company. Too many threads on various forums on MSE get hijacked by people who want to push their values on others.
    *wonders when they will make dressing gowns acceptable day wear?*
    No new toiletries challenge - use up the stash first!
    NSD Jan 2/15
  • Can you use the banana shampoo towards your 5 a day? :D
  • Chia
    Chia Posts: 283
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I don't think it's any of your business what the posters values are or whether they care about the things you do or not.

This thread is about the fact that bodyshop samples can be obtained from stores, not about the ethical values of the company. Too many threads on various forums on MSE get hijacked by people who want to push their values on others.

This is not about pushing my values on others (although I know that caring about human life is a pretty radical value to hold! controversial!), so nice try at putting me in my place, but better luck next time.

This is about people telling other people about the activities that large corporations take so much care to hide, so that consumers may make more informed choices according to their own values, not mine. I objected to the fact that the Body Shop employee had the gall to read my post and then say that she doesn't know much about L'oreal but the Body Shop must be A-OK because according to her they do more for the environment &c than "most companies".

I will object whenever I see people promoting ignorance and illogic, and I will call them on it. If you're bothered by that kind of thing, then I'm afraid an internet forum may not be the place for you.
    This is not about pushing my values on others (although I know that caring about human life is a pretty radical value to hold! controversial!), so nice try at putting me in my place, but better luck next time.

This is about people telling other people about the activities that large corporations take so much care to hide, so that consumers may make more informed choices according to their own values, not mine. I objected to the fact that the Body Shop employee had the gall to read my post and then say that she doesn't know much about L'oreal but the Body Shop must be A-OK because according to her they do more for the environment &c than "most companies".

I will object whenever I see people promoting ignorance and illogic, and I will call them on it. If you're bothered by that kind of thing, then I'm afraid an internet forum may not be the place for you.

I think you're going a bit far from the topic, I'm sure most companies have various scandals behind them. Many we don't and will never know about. For example, M&S, Starbucks, Sainsburys and many other companies are known to support Israel and provide them with cash - which Israelis use to build weapons to kill Palestinian people - i.e. human life. So if we all start thinking like you, we would probably be sitting here dirty, naked and without food.

Anway I quite like the Body Shop products even though it is owned by Loreal which is 25% owned by Nestle which makes 25% of the Body Shops products owned by Nestle - but that's ok as I only use 75% of the Body Shop products so I'm not using any owned by Nestle anway. :rotfl:
  • I work in Body Shop and must comment on a few things. First of all anyone can get free samples of many different products. Body Butters, Shower gels, shampoo lots of nice things, unfortunately somethings can not be given in sample pots such as lip balms. The sample pots are the same size as the lip balm pot so it wouldn't make much sense. Make use of the sample pots and anytime you want to try something go into the shop and the employees are always happy to help.....

I went into the body shop the other day and asked for a sample of the eyes and face primer because I wanted to see if it works under the mineral foundation but the SA said they don't give samples of make-up products - although technically it's not even a make-up product! But was she right?
  • teabythesea
    teabythesea Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    I buy loads from the body shop! I'm a regular now so I always get loads of freebies!! I've got the complete seaweed range in testers to keep me going now :)

Good for you...So glad that you've taken it upon yourself to inform us about the wrongs of the capitalist world

Back to the topic of the thread, I got a sample of shea foot and hand butter the other day and it is fab, might be my next purchase.
    *wonders when they will make dressing gowns acceptable day wear?*
    No new toiletries challenge - use up the stash first!
    NSD Jan 2/15
  • I went into the body shop the other day and asked for a sample of the eyes and face primer because I wanted to see if it works under the mineral foundation but the SA said they don't give samples of make-up products - although technically it's not even a make-up product! But was she right?
    the primer can be given as a sample as it is a liquid so it would be ok to try in a pot. maybe the person you spoke to was new. try again next time im sure someone will give you one lol
  • oh dear. i really do think that these peeps should find out properly about this sort of thing before you start ranting about it! the body shop was bought by loreal about 3 years ago, the ethics of the company are still the same now as they allways have been. infact since loreal have had the company the values have returned and things are back to how they used to be in the good old days. if you go in and ask any of the girls who work there they will tell you that. community trade, carbon neautral, organic, cutting out preservatives... you name it the body shop are doing it. go and get yourself a free sample. oh and by the way they also have 30% off for 4 days from thursday i got my invite through the post so im gonna go grab my xmas shopping as if you spend £25 you get FREE coconut full size body butter, that will be my treat lol
  • DaveW007 wrote: »
    Can you use the banana shampoo towards your 5 a day? :D
    i must be super healthy if it does :D
    MAY FREEBIESFree Jar of Sharwoods Sauce.£10 Argos gift card. Picture Hanging Strips. Fairy WUL. Live Mealworms. Hipp Preggy bits. Perfume. Lipton Tea x3. Pack of snack a jacks. Genome fridge magnets. Fuel Rights Book.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure