PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - Clutter Be Gone

Options
Sa1sysoo wrote: »
To use Guineapigsqueaks/my own wording, "A new thread for declutterbugs in [STRIKE]2015 2016 2017 2018[/STRIKE] 2019!"

Unfortunately nothing from the administrator, so I am starting a new thread for the 2nd half of the year. I hope you all remember your numbers :D but if you don’t may I suggest that you all start at 1,000 ;) So let us all attack our clutter with renewed vigour & we will be victorious :rotfl:
Hop back aboard ‘The Declutter Bandwagon’ and enjoy working towards a calm & serene living space with a place for everything & everything in its place :rotfl:

Friday was another hot day in France - low 30’s C. After breakfast DH & I went out for a ride in the countryside, stopped off for a coffee & a beer, then continued pootling about. Couldn’t find anywhere for lunch but never mind - we can both stand to lose a few lbs :rotfl: lots of lbs really :rotfl: Got back to the hotel after everyone else, showered, changed & met everyone on the terrace for a couple of drinks before dinner :beer: Lots of laughter & chat :D Dinner catered to our pescatarian - a shrimp salad, sea bass on mash, fruit flan & ice cream. Very tasty.
Everyone off to their rooms by 9:30 as Saturday morning departures. 3 couples & one singleton extended their holidays by a few days so after breakfast we all said our farewells & headed off in different directions. One lovely thing, I woke up at 4:00 a.m., went out on the balcony & saw Jupiter & about a gazillion stars :D
Saturday was hot, hot, hot 🥵 & we were melting by the time we caught the train. Thought it would be cooler in England but we were wrong :( Arrived home hot & sweaty :eek:
Whilst we were unloading the bike DSis made us coffees & squash. Both DH & I changed as quickly as possible & then had the dinner that DSis made - chicken, boiled potatoes & salad - yummy. Then I started on the washing & reproofing of our motorbiking gear - 4 wm loads all hung out on whirligig & left out overnight. All the bags emptied & put away in the newly decorated under stairs cupboard. Everything non-clothing was sorted & put away, all receipts given to DH & apart from the piles of washing to do on Sunday you would never have known that we had been away. Lovely to sleep in our own bed & slept through until 9:00 a.m. :T
Did 2 more full loads of washing, dried on whirligig as it was another very bright & warm day! By late afternoon all the washing was dry, folded & put away. DH replaced the brakes on the motorbike assisted by ;) DSis & trimmed the front hedge.
Now for the really excellent news - drumroll please................................
Whilst we were away, DSis finally started sorting the crates & boxes of paperwork brought over from France - just the 13 months after she moved in :rotfl: Two crates & 2 boxes emptied - shredding bin emptied 20 times :T but half a crate of shredding left to do - which I did & had to empty the shredding bin 11 more times. She has 2 crates of photos to sort out but they are now in the spare room. House was neat & tidy & DSis hadn’t done any more decorating :T :rotfl:
I emptied the 2 crates of crockery & am keeping 2 large cups, a large serving plate & 2 large serving bowls. The rest is bagged for the cs - 12 place settings - plates, tea plates & bowls.
Also did some darning & mending including some invisible mending on DSis’s fleece + made dinner from los.
Monday was another lovely day but a lot cooler - made a couple of crumbles - apple & rhubarb, plus apple & blackberry. Also tidied/rearranged 6 of 32 cubby holes in the wall unit. DSis has started sorting her clothes. DH had a doctors appointment re his scan - everything OK. We did a bit of gardening - dug up ivy & harvested some rhubarb & lettuce :T Dinner was Chinese with enough for tomorrow night.

Now for numbers & yes I do remember mine :rotfl:

1920 - 1930 Plastic bottles - Recycled
1931 - 1987 Twenty nine lead figurines & 28 magazines - to DSis
1988 - 1991 Two crates & 2 boxes emptied by DSis
1992 - 2012 Shredding Done by DSis
2013 - 2014 Two crates emptied by me (4 empty crates to be put in loft)
2015 - 2050 Twelve plates, 12 tea plates & 12 bowls - CS
2051 - 2056 Two pairs of shorts, 2 jumpers, 1 top & 1 pair of trousers from DSis - CS
2057 - 2063 Handbag, 4 DVDs, luxury scented SPA candle (still boxed), Brass & OK noughts & crosses game - CS
2064 - 2071 Coffee tin filled with kitchen detritus, 2 uu toothpaste tubes, bag of kitchen detritus, four bits of foam packaging - Binned
2072 - 2073 Two cans of lighter fluid - Tip
2074 - 2080 Two magazines, newspaper, food tin, 3 lots of cardboard packaging - Recycled

See you all later - please :D

MrsSD
2080/2019
Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I fortunately had just pulled up my latest numbers when the thread went down.
    Would have been gutted if I didn't have them esp as things have started to move out of the house.

95-109 neutral items x 14 out. Now is the time for one of the charities to use these bits for fundraising.

252-257 items x 5 to CS (boots, hand cream set, cuddly toy, trousers and top)
    Have a good decluttering day everyonex
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • GreenQueen
    GreenQueen Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks, MrsSD,

I've not been very good at updating lately (although I have been doing some decluttering). I logged on yesterday to catch up on things - big disappointment:(

Luckily I have my count in my signature - think it would be cheating to go to 1000!

Will update later today.
    GQ
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All

I have been away for a while and it seems we have been decluttered a tad too far, I think my figure was 1024 but not totally sure so I will start at 1000 for the rest of the year as Mrs SD suggested.

1001 - 1002 2 pairs of trousers to CS
    1003 - game to CS
    1004 -1012 - glasses to DD
    1013 - paddling ball to DGS, gets more use at home
    1014 - 100 balls for ball pit to DGS, again gets more use at home
    1015 - cushion to CS
    1016 - 1018 - boxes to recycling
    1019 - 1022 - glass jars to recycling
    1023 - broken glass to dustbin

Lets get this party restarted :beer::j:beer:

Happy Decluttering
    Gilly x
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Was it the name of the new thread that gave it away gilly1964 & GreenQueen :rotfl: Welcome back :T Hopefully the rest of our merry band of declutterers will find us soon :j

Not sure the original thread will ever come back as it no longer appears even on my details :( but it would be nice to receive a response from the administrator :(

I need to remember my mantras but am currently having brain freeze :o but here goes

1. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN
    2. LAST WASHING UP OF THE DAY WILL BE DRIED AND PUT AWAY BEFORE I GO TO BED
    3. I WILL BE MINDFUL WHEN OUT SHOPPING AND ONLY BUY WHAT I NEED
    4. WHEN DECLUTTERING I WILL ASK MYSELF “WOULD I KEEP THIS IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S?”

I know I have forgotten at least one, but hopefully these will keep me on the straight & narrow :rotfl:

The plan today is to drop off the four bags of items to the CS & do some food shopping. Anything else will be a bonus.

See you both later & hopefully others like choille, TamsinC, Leelad, notmy1sttime to name a few will find us ;)

MrsSD
    2080/2019 changed to 2080/4038 :rotfl:

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • gilly1964
    gilly1964 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I need to remember my mantras but am currently having brain freeze :o but here goes

1. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN
    2. LAST WASHING UP OF THE DAY WILL BE DRIED AND PUT AWAY BEFORE I GO TO BED
    3. I WILL BE MINDFUL WHEN OUT SHOPPING AND ONLY BUY WHAT I NEED
    4. WHEN DECLUTTERING I WILL ASK MYSELF “WOULD I KEEP THIS IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S?”

I know I have forgotten at least one, but hopefully these will keep me on the straight & narrow :rotfl:

Hi Mrs SD,

Was it the one about not going upstairs without something in your hand?
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "Do it now"?

The old thread is back!
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We are back :T

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure