PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

1413941404141414241434145»

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2016 at 12:55PM
    pineapple wrote: »
    Having left the great metropolis for the great outdoors where men are men and sheep are afraid, the one thing I miss are Asian stores. I used to be able to pick from a huge range of spices for a fraction of the price of those silly little supermarket jars.

I've got to travel some distance now for nearest Asian store if required. But - I am able to buy loose spices/herbs still from health food stores.

Do you have any health food stores (ie the "genuine" type run by ageing hippies - rather than H & B ones) anywhere in your vicinity?

Otherwise - food-wise - got the kitchen timer on now doing a new experiment. Found it's possible to bake dandelion leaves a la kale chips. Now dandelions are something I'm not short of - so they are in the oven and a couple of minutes to go before I whip them out/throw seasalt over them/leave to cool and see if they are (un)bitter enough to eat that way.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks Zippy . Can we please just live and let live alongside each other . There are enough things happening in real life to be scrapping on here . Those who feel slighted or upset have been apologised to . No one should ever feel the threads are not a nice place to be . I try never to be hurtful to any one in real or virtual life . I think people were raw , worried and posts were made in haste and some peoples words were misunderstood - always a danger online .
    Can we have both the threads operating side by side ? The room is there for both .
    Polly
    I'm glad to hear apologies were issued and everyone should hopefully be ok now. Life's far too hard without having a "safe/comforting place online"

Emotions run high, especially in emotive issues like this

As people are querying the max posts, i've queried it with the Forum team as I normally would have checked with Pink

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Do you have any health food stores (ie the "genuine" type run by ageing hippies - rather than H & B ones) anywhere in your vicinity?
    I have to travel 20 miles just to get a pair of knickers... :huh:
  • pineapple wrote: »
    I have to travel 20 miles just to get a pair of knickers... :huh:

That's pants, isn't it? :D
  • Crochet_Teapot
    Crochet_Teapot Posts: 35 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2016 at 1:35PM
    zippychick wrote: »
    Simply closing the thread because it's too long still upsets a lot of people on this thread - where does this chat go to?

To the Preparedness Continuation Thread. Seems fairly obvious to me, am I missing something? This thread cannot go on forever ad finitum...all forums that I know of close threads when they get too long and people carry on in a new thread...why is this thread so different?

Weird.....
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 9 July 2016 at 6:24PM
    I've taken the very difficult decision and closed the two prepping based threads.

A lot has happened and I think we need to let the dust settle for a few hours

Please vote here for the desired outcome for the new thread

I've devised some hopefully pleasant and fair guidelines for the new thread. Please if you have any thoughts, post in the vote thread

i look forward to opening the new thread and harmony being restored

Remember, i'm just a girl sitting on the outside of this chewing her nails, trying to do the best most fair thing

Happy saturdays

Huidelines - leaving my typo in :rotfl:

This will be the PREPPING thread inspired by this long running thread

Guidelines

* All posters are welcome. This thread doesn't "belong" to anyone

* Please be nice to all moneysavers

* Let's all draw a line in the sand and move on from previous threads and disagreements etc

* Discussion time is a really good place for in depth political discussion and debate

* Would love to see new people joining in here and existing posters who have gone quiet for whatever reason.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME :)

Enjoy the new thread Ladels and Jellyspoons

NEW THREAD

ZIP
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income