New plan...time to see some movement!

Comments

• Your aims and totals sound like they are all moving in the right direction. Well done. As long as we all keep moving forward, it doesn't matter how slowly we go. We will all get there in the end.
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,727
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Your aims and totals sound like they are all moving in the right direction. Well done. As long as we all keep moving forward, it doesn't matter how slowly we go. We will all get there in the end.

You are right, I'm so impatient though :D
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • LIFL is right that moving in the right direction is the most important thing. You're nearly there with the house repairs fund. What needs doing on the house exactly?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    jwil wrote: »
    Thank you. Short surveys sounds good! I'll have a look at that one :)

Just done 3 - took me 4 mins and earned me 35p! One survey only had 3 questions in it :D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • jwil
    Forumite
    LIFL is right that moving in the right direction is the most important thing. You're nearly there with the house repairs fund. What needs doing on the house exactly?

Everything :( It needs windows/doors, electrics, bathroom, kitchen, carpets.

I'd like to get the electrics done, we hardly have any sockets, so lots of extension leads in use. Also the kids bedroom window badly needs replacing (as probably does ours). We need to get the gutters looked at too. The trouble is it's hard to do it all with all the stuff, so it's another reason to get decluttering. We have lived with it all for 10 years, so need to start thinking about getting it done. Even if we don't get it all done straight away it will be nice to have the money there if it becomes urgent.
  • Our house needs a lot of work too. It needs re-rendering and painting front and back, some of the guttering is made of rusting metal, the two bay windows at the front need replacing, we need a new bathroom including tiles and we need new flooring. I reckon we need about twenty grand to cover that lot. Just the re-rendering and painting of the outside would be ten grand I reckon. No idea how we'll ever pay for all of that :(.

Your house stuff sounds a bit more manageable than ours. Have you costed up each separate job or is it a guesstimate?
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Igamogam wrote: »
    Just done 3 - took me 4 mins and earned me 35p! One survey only had 3 questions in it :D

I've signed up, it looks good! Thank you :)
    Our house needs a lot of work too. It needs re-rendering and painting front and back, some of the guttering is made of rusting metal, the two bay windows at the front need replacing, we need a new bathroom including tiles and we need new flooring. I reckon we need about twenty grand to cover that lot. Just the re-rendering and painting of the outside would be ten grand I reckon. No idea how we'll ever pay for all of that :(.

Your house stuff sounds a bit more manageable than ours. Have you costed up each separate job or is it a guesstimate?

The whole house needs renovating, it hasn't been touched since it was built. I think it will cost a fortune, and the £15k I'm sure will barely touch it, we just want something in the pot for if any of the jobs become urgent. Like an EF for the house.
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Snow day here today. I've been working from home.

It's been hard work with both kids home, and little miss keeps complaining she isn't feeling well. Hoping it's just her last tooth as she has a pink cheek. DH managed to go to work.

The snow is melting fairly rapidly now, so hoping it disappears this weeknd. I think it's meant to get milder next week thankfully.
  • I hope Little Miss feels better soon and that your snow carries on melting.
  • jwil wrote: »
    I've signed up, it looks good! Thank you :)

The whole house needs renovating, it hasn't been touched since it was built. I think it will cost a fortune, and the £15k I'm sure will barely touch it, we just want something in the pot for if any of the jobs become urgent. Like an EF for the house.

Thats sounds sensible and will give you peace of mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport