New plan...time to see some movement!

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,725
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks jwil

I force myself to do one thing out my comfort zone every three days. My biggest jump forward is I have limited contact with a friend. (Only speak online as she's stuck in house not driving too) She's a martyr to being ill and I can feel her sucking the life of our conversations. She refuses to get help and loves the attention on Facebook. I refuse to discuss anything medical now and I feel so much better. Only positive people and things in my life for 2019!

Well done on decluttering! I love carpet cleaning but always feel ashamed water so black when I do it. Amazing how much dirt there can be on light colour carpets.:rotfl:

People can be very draining at times can't they.

Our carpets are from the 1970s. They are hideous and patterned but very good quality so in good condition. We can't afford to replace them at the moment, and I hate them. They hide a multitude of sins and I agree it's revolting the colour of the water.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Forumite
    First update:

Decluttering 2019:

1. T-shirt
    2. Trousers
    3. Hat
    4. Socks
    5. Pen
    6. Vodka
    7. Calendar
    8. Rucksack
    9 - 44. Clothing
    45. CD
    46. Vet paperwork
    47. Router
    48-52. Broadband filters
    53. Makeup brush
    54. Gloves
    55-56. Hats
    57. Cat box
    58. Biscuit tin
    59-60. Gloves
    61-62. Makeup bags
    63. Watch
    64. Bubbles
    65-66. Pens
    67. Side table
    68. Flea collar
    69. Picture
    70. Pair hand throttles
    71. Start straight
    72. Bag fixings
    73. Flea spray
    74. Furniture polish
    75. Tumble drier sheets
    76. Shaker
    77. Sun cream
    78. After sun
    79. Air freshener.

Decluttering 2019 totals:
    Books: 0
    Magazines/papers: 6
    Ebay parcels: 28
    Other: 79

Total: 113

Ebay listings: 24

Survey/other earnings:
    Amazon: £0
    Paypal/cash: £8.29
    Other vouchers:£0
  • jwil
    Forumite
    just doing some listing for DH. I've packed everything that's selling at the moment tonight, so that should save some money. It's all DH's stuff at the moment, I must dig around for some stuff for me to sell as I miss not having bits of money trickle in throughout the month.

I've prepped a load of stuff for the week as well today. Soup and quiche made for lunch as well as roast which I will have extra for lunch tomorrow as well. That will keep me out of the shops.
  • On the subject of negative, depressing people who we don't want to be around. My FIL is like that. He really is the worst I have ever come across. If you ask how he is, he always says...."Oh well, you know how it is.....", and then proceeds to tell you about his bad back, or cough and cold, or how its too hot, too cold, the nights are too dark etc etc. We end up laughing about it now otherwise it would really bring us down.
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

• jwil
    Forumite
    On the subject of negative, depressing people who we don't want to be around. My FIL is like that. He really is the worst I have ever come across. If you ask how he is, he always says...."Oh well, you know how it is.....", and then proceeds to tell you about his bad back, or cough and cold, or how its too hot, too cold, the nights are too dark etc etc. We end up laughing about it now otherwise it would really bring us down.

It's surprising how draining these people can be. It can be exhausting.
  • jwil
    Forumite
    No PADs today, the bank account is looking a bit lean! I did buy a bulk lot of cat food as it was on offer on amazon today though. Even more saved with some vouchers I had left on there.

I'll wait until I know what's happening with tax credits before I do anything else. I need to have a look and see if they've updated anything yet. We don't get a lot but it's a helpful weekly amount. If I'm going to lose them because of the childcare reduction I don't want to leave myself short.

Definitely time to find some stuff to list!

DH sold loads yesterday, so even though I'd packed everything that was already selling, he sold a load more. Some of it has been on a while so it's good to see the back of it, and another item he'd decided to take off as it wasn't selling. That is a bulky item and it's been on a while, so that is a great sale :T
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438
    Forumite
    Have a lovely day Jwil

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Fab decluttering!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Have a lovely day Jwil

x
    Igamogam wrote: »
    Fab decluttering!

Thank you both :)
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Everyone has paid up now so all the ebay parcels are gone :T :T Some big ones too :D I had a sale as well, so that's another of my items gone :T

Not much else to report. I looked at Tax credits and they haven't updated yet. The good news is from this week I've paid off last years overpayment, so we'll just have to see how it goes. At least I won't have that to catch up with. It should be easier this year as long as DH doesn't change jobs again as childcare and wages shouldn't change until little miss goes to school now.

Had our phone bill today, because my line rental saver has ended it was £70 :eek: I'm so glad that I've cancelled the TV etc which will kick in from next month. There was a call on there for £4.50 from DH though as he went over an hour :mad: He's been asked to use his mobile minutes first from now on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport