New plan...time to see some movement!

Comments

• jwil wrote: »
    Little miss seems to have a bit of a dodgy tum today. She seems fine so I'm hoping it's nothing. This however has really triggered my anxiety. I don't know why it does, but the thought of the kids being ill really stresses me. It's not even that I think it's something serious, it's even the thought of a stomach bug. :( I feel like I'm constantly watching them to see if they are getting ill and not actually doing anything with them. I don't want to book days out or a holiday or anything in case they are ill. I even would rather be at work sometimes as it means I don't have to constantly watch them :cry:

It's really silly, but this more than anything is crippling me at the moment, and is why I need to get sorted. I don't want to not enjoy being with my kids. I know this is not normal and it's no way to live and it's not fair on them. :(

I'm not even sure why I'm posting, but at least I can show it to the doc to stop me chickening out again.

I have suffered with anxiety in the past, and even how a lot of things do trigger me off....as you know from me stressing about the babysitting etc. But I found that the GP was very supportive when I had to go and talk about it and honestly the best thing is to have people to talk to. Even logging in here and writing down how you are feeling, will help. I know it certainly has done for me.
    Hope all goes well at the Doctor and also that your little one is well soon. These things don't normally last long.
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,727
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Apparently as a "new user", now I have a new user name, I am not allowed to post links yet. So can't post the link to my diary, but it is called...LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD, if you fancy popping over.

I'll head on over and find you :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Write down what you want to tell the GP. Then hand it to them at your appointment if you don't think you can say it.

I totally get what you mean about the being unwell. Please know you're not alone and there will be a way to make yourself feel better

x

Thank you lovely. I feel silly especially as other people (including you) have actual issues to worry about :o
    I have suffered with anxiety in the past, and even how a lot of things do trigger me off....as you know from me stressing about the babysitting etc. But I found that the GP was very supportive when I had to go and talk about it and honestly the best thing is to have people to talk to. Even logging in here and writing down how you are feeling, will help. I know it certainly has done for me.
    Hope all goes well at the Doctor and also that your little one is well soon. These things don't normally last long.

Thank you lovely. I do tend to internalise things which probably doesn't help.

Little miss is fine today albeit seems to be getting a cold. She was fine in herself yesterday too, I think I'm overthinking things again :o
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Today's pad £1.00
    Mortgage overpayments total 2019: £18.40
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I managed a few bits:
      [STRIKE]
    • Check banks
      [/STRIKE][STRIKE]
    • PAD
      [/STRIKE]
    • Surveys
      [STRIKE]
    • eBay listings
      [/STRIKE][STRIKE]
    • Update sales
      [/STRIKE][STRIKE]
    • Clean bathroom
      [/STRIKE][STRIKE]
    • Wash and dry clothes
      [/STRIKE]
    • Put washing away
    • Update declutter list
    • Finish anxiety book
      [STRIKE]
    • SW
      [/STRIKE]
    • Meal plan
      [STRIKE]
    • Walk to school
      [/STRIKE]
  • jwil wrote: »
    Thank you lovely. I feel silly especially as other people (including you) have actual issues to worry about :o

I normally lurk but just wanted to say that anxiety is a very real, very actual issue. It's something that can be crippling and think about it this way...you're doing the NHS a favour by speaking about it, both in terms of letting them help you get better before it gets any worse, and by helping them realise how many people are suffering from it. You're not alone in your anxiety and it's really important that the NHS recognise that it's a problem so that they can do something about it, including improving mental health support service funding.

Hope you feel better soon :)
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • Anxiety is a real issue Jwil so you shouldn't feel bad about it. I used to get anxious about all kinds of things and especially abou harm coming to my children. I worried about them being kidnapped, getting lost, falling on their heads, and all kinds of silly things. I worry about DS3 at uni and if I don't hear from him every day I worry that something has happened to him. I know it's silly but I can't seem to help it.

So you're not alone in worrying about things and talking does help a lot. So definitely mention it to the doctor as it obviously affects you and why suffer in silence if you can get help :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Hi Jwil, well done on making the appointment to speak to your GP.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Glad you've made the appointment jwil.........I've suffered anxiety all my life starting developing OCD as well but I found having my third child kind of kicked that to the kerb as I was exhausted trying to keep up with everything now I'm a bit more relaxed as long as I have a clean house by the end of the day I'm happy xx

My anxiety is overthinking, I think of scenarios if I have to make a decision which then splits into two outcomes and keeps multiplying til I get a sore head and very upset.when things don't go to plan
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    All my life I have considered myself a total wimp. I don't like going out of my comfort zone. It hasn't been until DS started having issues and lots of different people saying he has signs of OCD and anxiety that I realised I probably have always had it too, I had never really thought about it much before. I think it's been even worse for me since he has been like it too, as I feel totally hopeless in not being to help him. I find things that I coped better with before, I now struggle with.

I'm another who has a intense fear of sickness bugs, after having been hit by some very nasty ones over the years. Hope little Jwil is feeling better.
    SPC 076
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport