PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

A new 'tougher' thread... and so it continues

Comments

• katieowl_2
    katieowl_2 Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Byatt wrote: »
    He was such a good man Esther. If anyone deserved a long, long life it was him. xxx

That's such a sad loss isn't it. I'm sure you must be really sorry to have had this news.

Kate
  • Byatt (((hug))) It makes an enormous difference to know that you have a doctor to understand. He seems to have touched a huge number of lives - it must be an enormous comfort to his family to know that so many people loved him.
  • Well, I have had some good news - I thought I was only going to get SSP but it turns out that I have got some company sick pay as well. So my pay is not that much lower than usual. It's a big weight off my mind!
  • Byatt am so sorry to hear about your daughters consultant, he sounds like he will be hard to replace, I hope your daughter deals ok with the change, sending love to you and lots of hugs as you must be feeling like you have lost a limb just now.

Scrabbles that is great news, a big relief for you

Hugs and Love everyone
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • byatt I am so sorry for you because some doctors are not only your leaning post but they become such a big part of your life they can be like family. They are one in a million.

Just a thought but maybe a card sent to the hospital to be forwarded on to his family may mean the world to them, if he has dragged himself out in all sorts they will love knowing it was appreciated.

Or just tell me to poke my nose out :D

PIC x
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Thanks Katie, Scrabbles and PAH, he hadn't been seeing my DD except for that one occasion last year that I mentioned, for a while. He had been ill and then came back. My DD is upset though. The Dr's that have taken over are young but absolutely brilliant, which I am sure is in great part due to Dr J. It just seems so unfair. He was a remarkable man and saved my sanity.

His mother is still alive; I remember him telling us about her and how they talked on Skype.

PAH, thanks for the advice about VitD I will make the effort and get some; worth a try! Just eaten a large bar of chocolate!

I went to pick up pooch's meds today and completely forgot my PIN for my card!! Even now I can't remember it. I've had the same PIN for years and enter it on auto pilot most times, so don't understand it. I had to write a cheque in the end! The vet's was the busiest I've seen it, pooches and cats everywhere; there was a deal little chiuawawa (I know that's not spelled correctly).
  • Byatt
    byatt I am so sorry for you because some doctors are not only your leaning post but they become such a big part of your life they can be like family. They are one in a million.

Just a thought but maybe a card sent to the hospital to be forwarded on to his family may mean the world to them, if he has dragged himself out in all sorts they will love knowing it was appreciated.

Or just tell me to poke my nose out :D

PIC x

That's a lovely idea.

I wish I'd known sooner; the office didn't tell us. Poor DD was told today when she went to her appointment; the only time I haven't gone! There's not many people I have known that I could say were truly good; but he was one of them.
  • katieowl_2
    My £2.50 breast of lamb is in the oven, will keep you posted on how it turns out. I ummed and ahhhed and went back to Mr T to use my voucher, the one I forgot earlier in the week. They had a good deal on washing powder - so I stocked up. I really need decent washing powder for the B&B and the Value stuff is not as good as it used to be IMHO

I've also been experimenting with jelly all week - tonight we have some Pimms jelly (well it was Ald!'s own brand) there was a bit left from Xmas so I did that with orange, and I made lime and coconut too. I made some strawberry milk jelly a couple of days ago, DS really liked it, I've not made them that for years. I'm on the puddings section of my research at the moment...I've not gone jelly mad!

Thought you might like to see the picture I took this morning out of my front door....I spotted the starlings sitting in the field and rushed off to get my camera...Got them as they took off! Always something interesting to see here!

starlingsandsheep004.jpg

Kate
  • Byatt
    Kate, I love watching the starlings! There was an episode about them on Spring Watch one time, did you see it. Starlings get a bad rap.
  • katieowl_2
    I do love to watch them :) I find it entrancing. If I ever crash my car it will be from watching the birds...Fortunately I wasn't driving when we went past what we later discovered was a red kite feeding station, as I counted 13 circling overhead! Very Excited :o

Mr Buzzard had a couple of near misses with me last week too. DS and I think they sit and wait in the trees, and as the cars go past they startle stuff in the grass verges, twice in a couple of days he took a dive in front of my car across the road. Good job there was no-one behind me. I want one of those "I brake for wildlife" bumper stickers!

Kate
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport