The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Today I spent £45 on my brother (I bought him some clothes) and we spent the day on the beach. I am so chilled out. We are planning to do the same tomorrow. I hope to do plenty of walking to get fit!
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Sounds like a wonderful day!

There really is nothing like walking for a low impact, injury free "exercise" that can be done everyday and makes such a big difference if you can stick to it. Sadly, I am one of those people who will only stick to it if I have no choice, so I try to make it the only way I get to work as it's about a 35 minute walk each way. It mostly happens but I do frequently get the regrets at home time when I realise I have to trudge home in the rain!)
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • Sounds like a lovely day! I can also recommend walking, I've started walking dogs while the kids I look after are at school, as a way to earn a bit extra money but I've found it to be a good mood booster too. Good luck with your summer job and decluttering, sounds like you are really on top of it :)
    #84 Make £2020 in 2020 challenge
    Grocery Challenge January £0/£80
  • savingwannabe
    Hello ladies, yesterday I walked for 20k steps. I spent about £30 in total on my brother's visit. Today I am waiting in for British Gas to visit and sort out my gas meter. All is well I am happy.

There is a small mountain of things to carboot waiting in the garage. My parents did all my gardening over the last two days. lol. I feel v spoilt
  • savingwannabe
    edited 17 July 2019 at 12:32PM
    I met some lovely friends yesterday and we went to West Dean Gardens. I had some food and then we had a little walk of 8000 steps there and in Chichester. The weather was glorious. I treated myself to a plant. (Total Spend including travel £25!).

Today I am going to try to plant my agapanthus plants and yesterday's hidecot thing and some bulbs I have had for ages. I am also cleaning and doing washing.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sounds like a lovely time was had by all and not much spent :T

Have just been to the foreshore for the dog to have a swim. There isn't a beach but it's not too rocky and there is a path running alongside the water edge. You can park alongside the footpath in the free car park. She had a lovely time swimming in and out of the water after her rope toy. Cooled her down as it's very hot and muggy here.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 17 July 2019 at 8:22PM
    Skinty I actually feel I spent too much I am running out of my spending money and need to be careful.

I have been so lazy today. I really didn't do v much. I have just returned from a 3000 step walk , I still have 3 agapanthus plants to put in the garden I can't decide where to put them. I might move them to a big pot for now till I can buy a big hose.

Tomorrow I must write a tour of Southampton for my walk on Saturday. On Friday I have to go to my summer job and meet my group that I will take out on Saturday. I might just buy a monthly bus ticket so that I will save money and on the days I don't work I will on the beach to get fit. On Sunday I will visit the boys and help Andy's mum move into her new house. When I come back I will have to go to the hospital for a blood test.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 17 July 2019 at 8:18PM
    revisit of my goals from January-
    [STRIKE]To save my wage rise (£9-10) as well as my usual overpayments and savings[/STRIKE] done
    [STRIKE]To take in a mug and teabags to work as then my tea is free-[/STRIKE] most of the time only buy coke in an emergency
    [STRIKE]To take sandwiches as much as possible[/STRIKE] I do this most of the time now without thinking
    To save all £2 coins into a money box - I ended up emptying my moneybox one day when I couldn't get to the cash machine so I have to remember to keep doing this.
    [STRIKE]To walk everyday when my health is up to it. [/STRIKE] I walk every day to work and am not always doing it on my days off
    To only buy individual bags of crisps as buying large six packs are empty calories. :oI need to do this as I do eat.
    [STRIKE]To continue to save £20 a month into my Christmas Fund[/STRIKE] - I have been doing this

I am mostly on track. Roll on savings!
  • most of the time only buy coke in an emergency
    This made me giggle a lot, I can 100% appreciate the concept of a coke emergency :rotfl::rotfl: (my weakness are the cherry flavoured varieties!)

Sounds like you've been having some lovely days out SW :j 20,000 steps is very impressive, but I imagine you felt that the next day!! :eek:

You seem to have nailed the majority of your January goals - especially the one that imagine is the most spendy: taking your own lunch to work! I got home late last night and didn't have the energy to make my lunch for today so I'm quite annoyed at myself as I've also been getting pretty good at it over the last month or so :mad: I like the idea of buying single packets of crisps. I may have to pinch that one for myself!
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • savingwannabe
    Hello pinknsparkly, I wish I could follow it. Today I ate two packs of sweeties and two wagon wheels. I have just returned from a 6000 step walk but don't think I have burned them off yet. I hate falling off the wagon but I will try to be good for the rest of the week.

Hurrah, my £100 has come through for opening a new current account. So happy that is going straight into savings. :j

So today has been a good day after all.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport