Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HI Milann - I haven't caught back up on your diary fully - when is your arm due to improve?

SH
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't overdo it :naughty:
    Have a lovely day tomorrow with your friend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    My hay fever is later than usual this year.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It's unlikely to be a cold because you're not in school Milann ;). I hope it passes.

It must be so frustrating not being able to do as much as you want to, but it sounds like you can do a little more each day.

Your familly events sound lovely :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a lovely girlie day today with my friend. We went to local town had a mooch around, lunch and later we had ice cream sundaes in the sunshine. Another little mooch before heading home. A couple of glasses of something celebratory were also consumed but we both decided we must be getting old:rotfl::rotfl: As we’d contemplated going for drinks at canal side pub before heading home but it was busy and we’d both had enough.....one time we’d have made an afternoon and evening of it....:beer::rotfl::rotfl: it was done mse style :money:with a £5 deal...the ice creams and soft drinks we’d had cost more than actual lunch.

The surgeon said it would be a 3 month recovery at least SH. It is improving a little every day.

I think it is hayfever as I’ve been fine all day and had a mega sneezing fit this evening.

Right I’m off to bed after my busy day.
    January spends - £587.58
  • savingholmes
    Options
    Sounds like you had a fab day
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you had a day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Done absolutely nothing today - worn out after yesterday and we didn’t actually do much other than little half hourly saunters with food and drink stops between. I didn’t buy anything so didn’t carry anything and my friend insisted on carrying my coat for me. I need to build my stamina up......
    I do wonder where the tv channels get their ratings from - just watched a film which had full star ratings and it was a load of old rubbish - it’s not the first time I’ve done this either - once I’d started watching it I felt compelled to carry on in case it earned its stars with a twist in the story - it didn’t :eek::eek: I really need to do what the tv theme tune said when my kids were younger and ‘switch off the tv and do something more useful instead’.....or however it went. I need to take power over the remote :beer::beer:
    January spends - £587.58
  • savingholmes
    Options
    LOL about watching to the end - I am quite ruthless and will just stop watching or check wiki to see how it ended lol
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just caught up with your goings on! I'm so pleased the op went well - don't do too much though! And.... you've been having some lovely outings as well and enjoying yourself. Your girlie lunch sounded like great fun.

I feel the same about TV . I suppose it is the summer lull in the TV season at the moment and the good productions will get aired in September, but there's hardly anything on that I want to watch lately. Have turned to watching old favourite films on my DVDs and reading!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business