Barclaycard Purchases & Balance Transfer

Options
I have a Barclaycard which had 0% interest on purchases until Nov 2020, they also offered 0% interest for Balance Transfers until Dec 2020.
I've transferred a balance recently taking advantage of the Balance Transfer offer, does the 0% on purchases still apply?

I can call them tomorrow to check, I just wondered if anybody on here knew the answer in the mean time.
Wobbling my way out of debt one month at a time

Credit Card £0/£3,161 0% interest PAID IN FULL 29/01/2021
Loan £0/£23,179 5.4% PAID IN FULL 31/08/2020
Total £0/£26,340 100%
DEBT FREE AS OF 29/01/2021

wobbling-my-way-out-of-debt

Comments

• Terry_Towelling
    Terry_Towelling Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can't see any reason why having a BT on the account should nullify the 0%-on-purchases offer. What do the T&Cs say?
  • SlovakianGuy
    SlovakianGuy Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 July 2019 at 5:47PM
    Options
    Hi guys! I have this card too (opened on the 1st July 2019)

It should be 20 months 0% on purchases, but I can't see this anywhere in my profile. Haven't received anything by post, other than some leaflet and info about my credit limit.
    When I log into my Barclaycard and click on "Transfers & offers", it shows Balance transfers - 2 offers available, Purchase offers - no offers available. I called Barclays and asked if I have that 20 months on purchases or not. He said "yes, you definitely have full 20 months". I just hope he didn't confuse it with balance transfer offer (which I don't need at all).

I still can't see a single piece of information about my 0% purchase period in my profile. I don't know when exactly it ends/expires, or anything else about it. Someone has told me this will be on my first statement, but there is nothing about 0% purchase period either.
    On the first page (1 of 3) of my statement I can only see this:

Your activity
    Your current interest rates
    Simple standard rate p.a: 18.27% (19.9% compound equivalent)
    Simple cash rate p.a: 24.85% (27.9% compound equivalent)
    Estimated interest next month: £0.00

If someone with Barclaycard 0% on purchases is reading this, can you please tell be where do you see your info about your purchase offer? Thanks!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

It should be 20 months 0% on purchases, but I can't see this anywhere in my profile. Haven't received anything by post, other than some leaflet and info about my credit limit.
    When I log into my Barclaycard and click on "Transfers & offers", it shows Balance transfers - 2 offers available, Purchase offers - no offers available. I called Barclays and asked if I have that 20 months on purchases or not. He said "yes, you definitely have full 20 months". I just hope he didn't confuse it with balance transfer offer (which I don't need at all).

I still can't see a single piece of information about my 0% purchase period in my profile. I don't know when exactly it ends/expires, or anything else about it. Someone has told me this will be on my first statement, but there is nothing about 0% purchase period either.

Your activity

If someone with Barclaycard 0% on purchases is reading this, can you please tell be where do you see your info about your purchase offer? Thanks!
    I've not had a Barclaycard for 18 months or so, but I seem to remember my T&Cs were available to view/save when logged in to my online area.

Other than that, maybe you forgot you saved a copy of those presented to you during the online application? If not, then there's a lesson for next time.

But if you want something in writing, rather than given verbally, and you can't get hold of your T&Cs, then maybe you can secure message your question?
  • Terry_Towelling
    Terry_Towelling Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your activity

I think the highlighted red text indicates that you are on 0% interest at the moment. Quite why it couldn't be shown in percentage terms like the other rates, I don't know.
  • Snow_Phoenix
    Options
    Hi,

I have recently got this card and it does not show the interest free on purchases on the statement until you use it to purchase something. There is 20 months interest free on purchases over this period but the balance transfer needs to be done in the first 2 months if I recall correctly.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think the highlighted red text indicates that you are on 0% interest at the moment.
    I don't think it does. The card account was only opened 3 weeks ago and this is the first statement. They won't know whether interest is due until they see if the statement is paid in full and on time...assuming it's not 0% of course.
  • mab3000
    mab3000 Posts: 513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

Your activity

I haven't had a Barclaycard for a while, but I'm pretty sure it tells you when your purchase offer ends on the second page of the statement, where it lists your transactions you made since the last statement.
  • findingthisdifficult
    Options
    Hi,

I have recently got this card and it does not show the interest free on purchases on the statement until you use it to purchase something. There is 20 months interest free on purchases over this period but the balance transfer needs to be done in the first 2 months if I recall correctly.

Agreed, the interest free doesn't show on the statement until you have purchased something. I've had the card for 9 months and only done the balance transfer in the last month so it doesn't need to be done in the first 2 months.
    Wobbling my way out of debt one month at a time

Credit Card £0/£3,161 0% interest PAID IN FULL 29/01/2021
    Loan £0/£23,179 5.4% PAID IN FULL 31/08/2020
    Total £0/£26,340 100%
    DEBT FREE AS OF 29/01/2021

wobbling-my-way-out-of-debt

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income