New plan...time to see some movement!

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,722
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Good decision. Still nice to consider these things and know we have options :)

Thank you :) Yes, I was very pleased to be asked about it, it's definitely a vote of confidence.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Hello everyone :)

I want to try and get a bit organised again and try and catch up with a few things now that work is not so crazy busy for a minute. I've banked more than the maximum hours, so need to reduce them down a bit otherwise I'll lose them at the end of the month. Typical the period ends just before half term otherwise I'd have reduced them by taking a couple of days flexi then!

I'm a bit frustrated with myself. Due to weigh in later and I'm not sure I'll have a loss. Spent too much time picking at the wrong stuff over the weekend as I wasn't organised and didn't have stuff prepped. I really wanted to get my stone award today as well :mad:

Today I must do a meal plan so I can be organised for next week.

Hoping for a quiet weekend this weekend. I'm not planning on booting, I don't think we've got enough to make it worth it. Hopefully DH will do the charity shop and tip run to get rid of some more. He says he wants to do a load more listing, so hopefully that will mean some more gone!

I'll have to dig out my post with the decluttering categories on it, so I can get back to doing that. I've got loads of stuff scattered around which I haven't sorted out yet.

I want to get to cash out on another survey site and then ditch that one too. I think then I will have streamlined enough to give me more time for the ones I am already using and cash out more frequently.
  • jwil
    Forumite

Just popping in to say farewell. I've just tipped all the toys in the middle of the floor to get the kids to sort through them and decide what they want to keep or get rid of. The pile is terrifying. I might never get out alive. It's been nice knowing you all :rotfl: :cry:
  • BalanceBy50
    BalanceBy50 Posts: 464
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    jwil wrote: »

Just popping in to say farewell. I've just tipped all the toys in the middle of the floor to get the kids to sort through them and decide what they want to keep or get rid of. The pile is terrifying. I might never get out alive. It's been nice knowing you all :rotfl: :cry:
    Massive good luck jwill I have done that before too. I am stealing myself to sort through the toys this afternoon - it's an awful job :(:(

Hope you survive - you will be missed :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    :rotfl: good luck Jwil.
    SPC 076
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438
    Forumite
    Good luck!

:rotfl:

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • jwil wrote: »

Oo err good luck :eek:. You like to live dangerously :rotfl:. It's been nice knowing you too :rotfl:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • I hope the toy sorting went well Jwil :).

I thought you might be interested in this article on recycling plastics

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/plastic-recycling-terracycle-oceans-waste-tom-szaky-friends-of-the-earth-a8907156.html
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    Forumite
    Thank you everyone :) I survived :j

They did really well. A nice big pile for ebay, a big pile for car boot, and everything fits into the boxes we've got. I was originally going to buy some more. :T

It looks so much better now. DH wasn't particularly impressed as they put some stuff to go that he's bought them recently. Maybe he'll learn to stop buying them stuff at car boots as they don't need it!
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I hope the toy sorting went well Jwil :).

I thought you might be interested in this article on recycling plastics

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/plastic-recycling-terracycle-oceans-waste-tom-szaky-friends-of-the-earth-a8907156.html

Thank you :) It's an interesting article. I couldn't read it properly as it was blocking me because of my adblocker :rotfl: but I saw enough to get the gist of it.

Whilst I think that Terracycle are providing a service, it's not really a solution. The article seems to 'blame' councils for not collecting this stuff, but they don't collect it because no one wants to use it! There's no market for it, it's expensive to collect and sort, and something is only recyclable if someone wants to use it for something. We shouldn't be blaming the councils for not collecting this stuff, we should be shouting at the manufacturers for not using packaging thats easily recyclable.

Terracycle works because they keep everything separate, and so have a single material type there. That's not practical for councils to manage. I do question whether it's really environmentally friendly for us all to be traipsing around to recycle a few crisp packets, particularly if we need to drive to a collection point, but I can see why people want to do it.

The extended producer responsibility proposals should mean that things are easier to recycle in the future and I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Terracycle are moving into reuse, and working with manufacturers to provide big containers of things like washing liquid etc which can be returned and reused. I like the idea of this :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport