MSE News: Tesco and Asda cut petrol prices

"Petrol will be cheaper for those filling up at Tesco and Asda from tomorrow, but Sainsbury's won't be cutting prices..."
Read the full story:

Tesco and Asda cut petrol prices

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    So that is why the last week it has gone up at our local Tesco station.
    Jan Wins: .
  • Totality
    Totality Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    So that is why the last week it has gone up at our local Tesco station.

Tis the MSE way. Don't make a story out of price increases, then make a big deal out of the cuts.
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    The difference between petrol and diesel increases again, its about time diesel users got parity.

MSE should start a campaign to get the price for both fuels the same.
  • fivetide
    fivetide Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    torbrex wrote: »

Absolutely not.

What do you think would happen? Diesel to come down to the same price as petrol or petrol to go up?

Basically, everyone would end up out of pocket!

Money grabbing.... grrr....
    What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Ah. Must remember to swing by Asda then.

(I won't use Tesco juice - a mate in HMRC's Road Fuel Testing Unit described it as being dodgier than the sweepings from the teabag factory floor, & then the diesels with their sensitive engine management systems had that expensive scrunch.)

Pity Sainburys & Morrisons aren't part of the game yet.
  • My local sainsburys is still cheaper that tesco... How does that work then. Asda and tesco may be cheaper than the day before but not necessarily the cheapest!
    An opinion is just that..... An opinion
  • Is MSE telling us that members of an illegal cartel have decided to artificially set the price of retail fuel from tomorrow by agreement with each other?

Petrol forecourts can change the price on the forecourt in minutes - they do not have to wait a day or even an hour - so why are so called separate businesses acting in concert ?

Let's see if they actually do as has been reported they will do, and then we can report them, can't we?
    From the late great Tommy Cooper: "He said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books.' "
  • Ultrasonic
    Ultrasonic Posts: 4,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 December 2013 at 11:09PM
    torbrex wrote: »
    The difference between petrol and diesel increases again, its about time diesel users got parity.

Why should two different products have the same price? You may as well start a campaign for whisky to cost the same as milk.
  • So that is why the last week it has gone up at our local Tesco station.
    Wondered why tesco put up prices last week
  • Ultrasonic
    Ultrasonic Posts: 4,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    (I won't use Tesco juice - a mate in HMRC's Road Fuel Testing Unit described it as being dodgier than the sweepings from the teabag factory floor, & then the diesels with their sensitive engine management systems had that expensive scrunch.)

Any chance you could ask your mate for some more info. on what is wrong with Tesco fuel and share it with us?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure