Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    SIRENS wrote: »
    Hi
    Thank you all for such a warm welcome
    chrisv I would like to aim for 14lbs please as I have loads to loose, have managed just over 2 stone so far but looking at another 7 stone to target...whew sounds horrible out loud.

Break it down into mini targets. i. e half stones. Have a reward system
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,889 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all.

I have baked oats for brekkie which I made last night, but I'm going to give it a quick blast in the microwave and add a bit of extra yoghurt for the topping.

Plan for tonight's tea is Asda light and lean sausages and gammon.

Left over stir fry from last night I'm taking in to work for my lunch.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Can I just ask what day everyone weighs in please? I used to weigh in on Saturday morning at group.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 16 May 2018 at 7:40AM
    Morning All
    I weigh in Tuesdays as that was group day originally so I just stuck with it.
    Thank you p00hsticks it does feel daunting but I feel I have found the right place to work towards it.
    Thanksbeanielou I try to motivate in little weighs, each time I get to the next stone bracket I buy myself a new charm for my bracelet.
    Today will be

B.Muesli nat yog banana (hexb)
    L.butternut squash risotto, apple
    D. Not sure yet maybe omelette with sweet pot wedges.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Thanks for the chubby cubs comments, will have a go at some of the recipes & find time to read their blogs, we need all the laughs we can get on this journey!

Was terribly organised last night in prepping for today. Roasted a chicken, so while that was in the oven, portioned the leftover lasagne & bunged in freezer, leaving some for lunch today, got the overnight oats ready for breakfast today, cut up the pineapple I had bought (if anyone has an easy way of getting rid of the eyes that get left in the flesh, would appreciate suggestions), made the salad for dinner, peeled some mandarins, segmented and mixed with grapes for snacking, made potato wedges (sprinkled Schwartz All Season on them, were lush!) and cooked the green beans.

Hopefully, will have pulled back the weekend by the time I weigh tomorrow.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Morning all
    beanielou wrote: »
    Break it down into mini targets. i. e half stones. Have a reward system

I agree with this - these eight/nine week challenges we run here are ideal to set yourself shorter term targets to aim for, rather than thinking of it all in one go, which is rather daunting. And DON'T reward yourself with food, as that's a bit self-defeating - perhaps put money in a pot for each pound you lose or week you stay on plan and then treat yourself to clothes/jewelllery/books/CDs etc when you reach a milestone

Can I just ask what day everyone weighs in please? I used to weigh in on Saturday morning at group.

I weight in Saturday mornings (at home, I don't go to groups), which fits in well with our challenges here as they run from Mondays to Sundays.

My plan for today

B: Overnight oats (HEXB grapenuts, cherry muller light, summer fruits)
    L: stuffed mushrooms (HEXA cheese, onion, wholemeal bread)
    D: prawn stir fry

Snacks: red pepper, satsumas, pear
    Syns: 4.5 for bread, 2 for spray oil, 3 for stir fry sauce
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Abbafan~~I weigh on a Thursday.
    Used to be a Monday which I think was better but they changed the night.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Abbafan1972
    beanielou wrote: »
    Abbafan~~I weigh on a Thursday.
    Used to be a Monday which I think was better but they changed the night.

Thanks for your comments.

I think I will keep it to Saturday morning as it was with group.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for your comments.

I think I will keep it to Saturday morning as it was with group.

So have you decided not to get back to target with your group and go it alone abbafan?

I can see advantages in Saturday morning as it probably means you put off any relaxing for the weekend a bit longer.;) I think Monday would be a nightmare!:eek:

I've always gone to Thursday morning WI which suited me. I've never been one of those 'everything's syn free on WI day people'. I then had a full bank of 105 syns ready on Friday for the weekend and 3 days of reining back in before WI.:D Now, although I only go to group very occasionally (and pop into any group that suits) I still think of my syn week as starting again on Thursdays.

We've had giant porage again this morning:(. I so wish I could carry HEBs over like I do with syns. Lately I've just been having half a HEB of toast (one slice) most mornings so I wonder if it'll balance it off? I'm still going to count the extra syns though.:(

DH and I won't be home together for dinner tonight. I'd forgotten so the hash I prepped yesterday will have to wait. It looks like I might have accidentally planned a SP day for me.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS Ribena, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: lentil and veg soup
    D: ham, egg, asparagus and mushrooms
    Syns: Extra HEXs 6, syrup 2.5
  • Abbafan1972
    maman wrote: »
    So have you decided not to get back to target with your group and go it alone abbafan?

Yes, that's correct.

I went out of Target and have been unable to get back in. I did consider changing my target figure, but it's a bit too much of a drastic change in my target. I got tired of paying and just juggling with the same few lbs.

Also, I was on the social team doing the weighing and due to other commitments, I wanted my Saturday mornings back - it was impossible to go out anywhere early on a Saturday morning.

The only thing I will miss is the chats and being able to get the Hifi bars, as I do like them. I can still buy the magazine (I may subscribe to it).

I have achieved what I wanted to and it's served its purpose, but even if I did get back into target at group, there's always that pressure hanging over you to keep within the 3lbs either way, in case you have to start paying next week (in some ways I suppose that's a good thing).

Do any of you keep food diaries? I used to get the individual sheets from group and use them, but haven't been able to now. (I have a scan copy of them on my laptop, but they don't print very well).

I know the plan inside and out, but what sources do you use for syn values if you don't attend group and don't have access to the app (I still have access to it at the moment).

Sorry for all the questions. x
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    2lbs off this week, and 'Man of the Year' award which is always fun when you win by default :D

Still, my group are absolutely brilliant and we celebrated nonetheless.

Football season now over. No distractions. No drinking at the weekend. Going to have a detox. I'm feeling very motivated on what really now feels like the home straight :D I believe I'm around 1 stone 2lbs away from target now. I'll need to check again though. I still don't know whether to lower it some more tbh.

Lunch today was lean chicken + carrot sticks. Boring I know, but purely for SP points. Lunch at work is by far the easiest days for me.

Good luck to everyone this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport