The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

MSE News: Plusnet to increase broadband prices

Comments

• Aletank
    Aletank Posts: 568
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    received my notifaction by email this morning (9th april)

and have just signed up to now tv 38mb fibre deal £20 plus £70 cashback from quidco

all in all decent deal
    Did you phone them before switching ? Did they try & match your deal ?
    Not had my email yet.
  • pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,048
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    No notification yet either.
  • Aletank wrote: »
    Did you phone them before switching ? Did they try & match your deal ?
    Not had my email yet.

yes you got to make sure you ring them and let them know your leaving due to price hikes, otherwise you may be charged termination charges, just tell them your leaving due to hike and to put a note on your account

yes I tried haggling best they would come up with for 38mb fibre was £21 they wouldn't match now tvs offer with cashback

so I declined and went with now tv 38mb fibre for £20 plus £70 cashback with quidco

also, don't attempt to leave until you receive your notification from plusnet, as soon as u get it you have 30 days to switch free of charge
  • bill888
    bill888 Posts: 248
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    fwiw, Now 38mb Fab fibre only has £40 cashback with quidco. £70 cashback is reserved for 76mb Super Fibre.

Topecashback offering £65 cashback on Now 38mb Fab fibre.
  • Aletank
    Aletank Posts: 568
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just had my email, I'm thinking of staying. With my Line Rental Saver it works out I'll be paying £23.49 a month with the increase.
  • NittyGritty
    NittyGritty Posts: 939
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 April 2018 at 3:12PM
    bill888 wrote: »
    fwiw, Now 38mb Fab fibre only has £40 cashback with quidco. £70 cashback is reserved for 76mb Super Fibre.

Topecashback offering £65 cashback on Now 38mb Fab fibre.

your wrong, its still £70 with quidco your looking at the 1 month contract fibre that's £40

the 12 month contract is £70

e9ekuf.jpg

"for new customers taking a Fab Fibre with Entertainment Pass 12 month contract"
  • Phoned yesterday, after receiving the price increase e-mail, told them I was thinking of leaving.
    Customer for 8 years.
    No incentives offered to stay, just a more or less that's o.k., I may leave without charges and receive a refund of unused line rental saver.
    So I've left.:rotfl:
  • ck12111
    ck12111 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Phoned yesterday, after receiving the price increase e-mail, told them I was thinking of leaving.
    Customer for 8 years.
    No incentives offered to stay, just a more or less that's o.k., I may leave without charges and receive a refund of unused line rental saver.
    So I've left.:rotfl:
    Who and what deal are you switching to?
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    I am currently paying £30.33 for broadband and phone line (evening and weekend calls). I pay £1 for caller display which which will reduce to nil form June however price increase will be £1.

Also they will have changes to termination charges.

Do you think I can leave penalty free? I have got 8 months left on my contract.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    starM wrote: »
    Do you think I can leave penalty free? I have got 8 months left on my contract.

You will have to wait until you receive your notification of the increase, but I don't see any reason why you would be different to everyone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure