check your pensioner bond

If you took one out then check it for dates, my elderly friend just found out that he was scammed, someone intercepted the form and he lost the whole amount. He didn`t know until a few days ago and is devastated. Mine appeared in my bank account a few days ago

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    kittie wrote: »
    If you took one out then check it for dates, my elderly friend just found out that he was scammed, someone intercepted the form and he lost the whole amount. He didn`t know until a few days ago and is devastated. Mine appeared in my bank account a few days ago

Are you referring to the firm used to give instructions about where the money should go after maturity ? I did ours over the net, received the money into a bank account and placed it elsewhere.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    no. The initial buying of the bond three years ago. Their details were intercepted. Ns&i said it had happened to other people and was discovered in april that year. The people who lost their money will not know until they realise that they have not had the letter saying that the bond has matured. Unless they wrote dates down, then they will not realise. They will not get any money back and their identity will have been stolen as they had to send various documents and passport copy
  • Online banking would have detected this problem very quickly but I guess online banking is not everyone's cup of tea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure