Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    FB is particularly hard if I focus on my friends and their children. I get so lonely looking at those posts. I must say my other childless friends don't do FB and I am quite sure it partly for that reason, the endless comparisons are wearisome. I stay on their because my 3 best friends are there and so are a number of people I have met online - from here for example. And I have made some American friends whom I am very fond of. Most people on my FB don't have young children or any children at all and I mostly hide a lot of posts from people I have to be friends with. Much of the time on there is in groups. Discussions on all kinds of things, mainly relating to pets or politics. Tonight I noticed a picture from someone I have known for years - not really friends but she is nice, her husband was looking at her and the moment in the picture was real love. Straight up nothing but, she wasn't looking at him but you could see it on his face.

And I did allow myself to think why hasn't anyone ever looked at me like that? I know the answer really, I never gave anyone the chance, my 20s were spent proving I didn't need a man, and since then I have worked and worked and worked. Kept away from such things!

Any how I don't often have those moments. They soon pass. Tomorrow I am having breakfast with 3 friends and lunch with 3 more. I am really looking forward to it. I am lucky with friends :)

I am going to sign up to that September challenge. I need to get this money thing back under control.

XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I don't do Facebook but I can relate to the time wasting. My thing is spider solitaire, the most pointless game ever! It needs to stop

Have you made the half term dentist appointment?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    I see your solitaire and raise you The Seekers, Sim City, Fishdom and some stupid gardening thing.

Good day, bought my make up, got a set so I can sell part of it on FB, I have good friends, I do love them. couldn't make lunch as they met at 11.45 (breakfast was at 11) but it was a good day.

Spent a fair bit but it will be the last time for a while.

XXX
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I joined the September challenge :) So don't go spending any more on make up LOL.

I like that bubble pop game, solitaire and free cell. Try not to go on them much as once I start I can't stop.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Can someone kindly pop up a link to September challange?

My FB is boring. THe highlight of this week(!!!) is me trying out a shop mobility scooter.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Evening,

I have been wasting my life on FB, all I do is wake up check my phone (BIL updates) waste time on FB, shower, feed animals, check FB, in so many groups - some are excellent, one on dog training is really good. a couple on organisation and money - I don't post on them, far too personal! and then there are the pet ones.

I don't know if anyone on here joins groups but the ones I have joined for Rabbits are just full of stuck up prissy tw@ts. no housing is ever big enough and you must not own other animals if you have rabbits.........I don't share pictures of my housing (rabbits are currently free range upstairs). Groups for guinea pigs are just the same - cage must be the entire living room and the panic induced if you do something like put guinea pigs on recently cut grass(without the cuttings there), my Lord, it is the end of the world as we know it.

So yes in between hospital updates that is it really. Definitely needs to stop. I made some progress with the rabbit shed, but it rained all day today so could do no more. started on the conservatory (for the 50th time) but found no less than 6 spiders so f55k that ! Came in here to check the finances....I am a bit poor. well not really. But I don't like being in debt again.

Saving - 4000
    (plus 440 for Christmas)

debt 1- 4060

debt 2 - 772 (tho I did have to order a fish filter for the pond another 149 pounds!)

money left from borrowing - 2300

Still need to do the dentist. which is about 1500.

But dentist can't happen until half term. so in will have a pay day before that. I must stop spending money on my credit card.

In another news, I really fancy the bloke who plays Barry Allen in Flash.

feel a bit sick.ugh.

Reduce your time on facebook spend it doing surveys :money:
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hi Buffy
    Just wanted to pop my head up and say hello - and send you lots of love.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hello Crazy Cat lady :)

hope you are doing alright today? I start the hamster wheel tomorrow XXXX
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Yes, me too. I feel ok at the moment, but doubt I'll get much sleep tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure