PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Morning All!

Successful NSD yesterday and today- I hope! I have updated my sig for yesterday only at the mo- need to do it for Saturday spend- I won't forget- promise!:A

Am having a clear out week so will be risotto of some sort tonight I think (after weigh in!! :o).

Recovering- hello fellow Gleek!! :D

Good luck to everyone- you are all so inspirational- I love coming in to get my fix of backbone!

Have a great day and *hugs* for anyone that needs them.
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    hi everyone so excited i bought myself a breadmaker today and its on the go now :j just hope the bread comes out ok! i bought bread mix to start off with but will eventually be buying bread flour etc, what bread flour does everyone else use? so today ive spent £6.07 in mr s on bread mix plus other bits. Off to update sig and check on the bread :)
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • Help!!!

Can anyone point me in the direction of good breadmaker recipes please- am just off to get one and all the reviews said machine good- recipe book bad!:D

Also do I have to use packets of yeast or can I use the stuff in the little tin that I already have??:o

ooooh life is an adventure some days eh?!
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • MrsBsBlog
    MrsBsBlog Posts: 64 Forumite
    Afternoon all, just popped in to update siggy,

Hope everyone`s fine and dandy. Had a nsd yesterday and hopefully today, but I know i`ll have to buy milk and some other bits and pieces tomorrow.

Catch u all later.
    Grocery Challenge 2010 £400 each month
    January £377.67 February £375.18 March £355.43
    April £506.23 May £381.04 June £88.58
  • yummymummy05
    yummymummy05 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    just updating my siggy - the steak came to £30.62 last night but they cut them quite thick (about 6oz each) so I only got 7 meals out of them but at £1.60 they are still cheaper than the supermarket. I might have a look at them and see if I can halve some of them! :A

Am going to get the kids to help me bake flapjacks this afternoon (my take on the orininal Twinks hobnobs) and we have steak and chips for dinner!!
    FebGC
    wk1 £0/£100 NSD's 0/7
    wk2
    wk3
    wk4
    Total £0/400
  • Emzy81
    Emzy81 Posts: 481 Forumite
    Hi everyone

Would anyone mind if I joined this thread please? Me and my DF keep trying to cut down our spending on food but we never manage it, mostly because (due to past things) ive never really learned how/what to cook, so I end up buying stuff I can 'chuck' on. But ive just seen the recipe list and it looks great, I did say I was going to make an effort to learn a while ago but things got on top of me and I gave up (not good :o) But im really determined to make this work
    So heres to less money spent on food and better meals!!.......

(now to find the thread on what can be cooked and frozen and etc...)
  • poppy-glos
    poppy-glos Posts: 478 Forumite
    went to mr t and got caught by the offers!

therefore, after the warm glow of being on target i am now over, by £9.60.

To keep my mind focussed i have put the balance in red and will keep it so til i get back to where i should be at that point, ie, under 10/30ths of the budget on the 10th.

i found the value noodles in tesco again, up to 14p each now, and value fromage frais have gone up to their origional price of 45 p rather than the 20p i've enjoyed the last few weeks.:mad:

nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    No spend day today and I've cancelled tomorrows fruit and veg box delivery, saving me £11.95 and we can start to clear out the oddments of fruit and veg in the freezers instead!

Yesterday I hooked out 6 frozen bananas (loads in there) and made 2 doz choc banana muffins, most of which are packed away in the freezer for packed lunches and friends visiting.

Dinner tonight - mash potatoes, turkey breast slices (from yesterdays bargains) froz veg of some kind - prob carrots and runner beans and gravy. Rest of the strawberries for pudding.

By the end of the week I will need to buy some more eggs but can bake some bread from supplies. Really, really need to keep spending down from now!
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • Emzy81
    Emzy81 Posts: 481 Forumite
    catznine wrote: »
    No spend day today and I've cancelled tomorrows fruit and veg box delivery, saving me £11.95 and we can start to clear out the oddments of fruit and veg in the freezers instead!

Yesterday I hooked out 6 frozen bananas (loads in there) and made 2 doz choc banana muffins, most of which are packed away in the freezer for packed lunches and friends visiting.

Dinner tonight - mash potatoes, turkey breast slices (from yesterdays bargains) froz veg of some kind - prob carrots and runner beans and gravy. Rest of the strawberries for pudding.

By the end of the week I will need to buy some more eggs but can bake some bread from supplies. Really, really need to keep spending down from now!

Sounds like you have things sorted, didn't realise you can freeze banana's im just about to chuck some away, they are well past the ok to eat phase :o I need to keep on top of things and not waste them.
    When you freeze banana's how long after buying them do you do it?
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Emzy81 wrote: »
    Sounds like you have things sorted, didn't realise you can freeze banana's im just about to chuck some away, they are well past the ok to eat phase :o I need to keep on top of things and not waste them.
    When you freeze banana's how long after buying them do you do it?

I freeze them when they're brown - not just a little bit (DS3 will eat them if spotted) but very brown! I use them in muffins, banana bread, banana cake, banana porridge and banana & strawberry crumble - yum! Some people freeze in skins, I believe - but I don't :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport