New Nappy Cake

Just thought i would get it going hope you all dont mind
I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comments

• Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    edited 5 July 2009 at 8:29AM
    If you have any hints and tips on the old thread tell me what number post it is i will copy and paste it and put it here so easy too find

Thanks to Moonpenny

Lay the blanket face down on bed (diamond shape) with hood nearest to you, (but underneath.)
    Start folding from top pointed bit down to start of hood. Then fold hood bit up.
    Start with approx 4 inch fold but if it doesn’t work out you might have to unfold and try again, smaller or bigger folds until its right, Usually takes 4 or 5 folds.

At this point I pin the strip so it doesn’t fall apart when I put around cake.
    COUNT THE PINS to make sure you’ve removed them all.

When putting around cake, pull slightly to get a snug fit and either overlap one end over other at back or tuck one end into other. (Bit fiddly doing this) Pin together till you get ribbon on then remove or use a safety pin.

You won’t need to put anything in to hold the front up as it stays up on its own.

Thanks to almond

with regards to toys we SHOULD leave the tag on them, if not and we get a visit from trading standards we will be asked to remove them from sale. thought i should pass it on since a few of you are selling to shops it might be worth knowing.

Thanks to debsleypig

baby sock cupcakes
    You need:
    Pair of socks
    Cupcake papers/silicone case

Place the pair of socks together and roll them up starting with the bottom of the sock.

When you have completed rolling the socks, take the open end of one sock and open it out and slip it up halfway on the socks.

I promise it makes sense when you are making them.
  • riggerz
    riggerz Posts: 249 Forumite
    WOOHOO new thread - will get started on adding pics soon - funnily enough I have spent the best part of the day taking photos for my website so will have plenty to choose from!!

Thanks again for the thread :T
    :dance: Thanks to everybody in the crafting threads who inspired me to start my own business!!
  • bellag
    bellag Posts: 347 Forumite
    Hey Giggle- Thanks for starting this and Bargainbabe for first suggesting this.:T
    I was one of the people that felt they could no longer post on the old thread.

B x
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Bella nice too see you hope you stick around :A
  • I have only posted a few times on the old nappy cake thread looking for advice and inspiration :rolleyes: I am nowhere near as good as you ladies, but I do hope to finish nappy cakes (instead of just buying baby things, lol) and when I do I will upload pictures :D
  • Emma83
    Emma83 Posts: 79 Forumite
    A brand new thread excellent cant wait to see all the new creations.
    Thanks for starting the new one Giggle:T
  • Bargainbabe_2
    Bargainbabe_2 Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    whoohoo! Right, I promise I will check in and post my pics regularly.

Quick update from me...My Nappy Cakes are selling extremely well. I average 2-5 orders a week which is what I can cope with comfortably with a family and having a toddler home with me all day doesn't allow me to do much more.
    We are an army family and I have a very supportive welfare team who have designed me a poster which they are placing in the army rag for me. They have also done me a glossy poster which they have placed in the cafe, medical centre, baby groups, everywhere basically. They also do all the local school fairs and have offered to take and sell my wares on my behalf. All this and they have asked for nothing in return. I am donating a couple of 3 tiers for them to raffle on and sell to help with the Welfare fund. I

If things continue as they are, I am going to look into getting self employed and get set up properly.
    "There are no pockets in a shroud..."
  • Kim_Possible
    Kim_Possible Posts: 848
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    help wanted....
    I do not have asda near by and wanted to know of other places to buy silicone cup cakes cheaply?
  • becs
    becs Posts: 2,101 Forumite
    Hi guys,

Agree with Bella as well Giggle, thanks for the new thread I had also pretty much stopped posting on the old one. I had missed it!
    I've just done a 3 tier for an order through work, she only told me today that she wanted it tomorrow! Good job I had pplenty of supplies in!
    I'm thinking about re-doing my leaflets as at work I seem to get asked for a variety of different priced cakes. I really don't like doing anything other than 3 tier as I think they just look so much better so I was thinking of doing a plain one with nothing in, then have prices for "pick 'n' mix" contents so they could choose what they wanted in it. What do you all reckon? I rarely do 2 tiers and usually only do them because they want something cheaper, and almost never do single tiers.
  • deedledee_2
    deedledee_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    help wanted....
    I do not have asda near by and wanted to know of other places to buy silicone cup cakes cheaply?

I've seen them recently both at Poundland and 99p Store.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure