Sainsbury’s loan query

Hi I’m looking for help with reclaiming miss sold ppi on a Sainsbury’s loan I had about 10 - 12 years ago, I no longer have any paper work at all and I’ve been on the Sainsbury’s financial page and I can’t see any links for reclaiming. Does anyone on here know if I need to claim through another bank? I noticed recently when I made a claim on the Barclays Bank website that there were other lenders listed in the drop down menu so I assume they were underwriting/providing the loans at the time. I’m many thanks in advance for any advice :)

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What is your reason for complaining. You should also have physical proof of your complaint.
    Seems a long shot if you cant even remember when it was
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You send your complaint (not claim) to Sainsbury as they sold it to you.

The contact details for complaints are on their 'contact us' page.
  • Placida
    Placida Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sazbee1974 wrote: »
    Hi I’m looking for help with reclaiming miss sold ppi on a Sainsbury’s loan I had about 10 - 12 years ago, I no longer have any paper work at all and I’ve been on the Sainsbury’s financial page and I can’t see any links for reclaiming. Does anyone on here know if I need to claim through another bank? I noticed recently when I made a claim on the Barclays Bank website that there were other lenders listed in the drop down menu so I assume they were underwriting/providing the loans at the time. I’m many thanks in advance for any advice :)
    Try here to check if you had PPI with Sainsbury’s
    https://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/contact/contact-customer-care#accordion-item-1-3

“Payment Protection Insurance for your Loan or Credit Card
    All policy holders
    Sainsbury’s Bank introduced customers, via Bank of Scotland, to St Andrews Insurance Group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of Scotland Group, to provide payment protection for loans and credit cards. Please contact:
    0800 1510 293
    Bank of Scotland
    Customer Relations
    PO Box 548
    Leeds
    West Yorkshire
    LS1 1WU”
    Another useful link from the FCA website is
    https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/how-to-check/checking-without-paperwork
    Hope that helps.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Answered on your duplicate posting yesterday
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76059343
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • McKneff wrote: »
    What is your reason for complaining. You should also have physical proof of your complaint.
    Seems a long shot if you cant even remember when it was

Hi, my complaint is that PPI was added to my loan without my consent or knowing. I complained verbally at the time on the phone, i only discovered it when i received my annual statement for the loan, when i spoke to them at the time they said they could stop the monthly payent but could do nothing about reimbursing the payments i had already paid even through they could offer no evidence of me agreeing to wanting the cover. This was at a time when it was relatively unknown that charges could be reclaimed. (im not even sure if it was before this time) so i believe i have a case and reading the success stories on here makes me hopeful i may have a chance.
  • Sazbee1974
    Sazbee1974 Posts: 7 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    edited 21 July 2019 at 8:50PM
    Answered on your duplicate posting yesterday

Thankyou, i lost my duplicate posting haha, im new to forum so couldn't find my post after i put it on, ive come on my laptop now which seams a little easier to navigate around :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure