Help Please

Options
In 2016 I made a various claims via an appointed recovery company. According to the online portal American Express could not trace my account, and MBNA apparently wrote back to the recovery company stating I was fully aware of the PPI. Hampton Rae promptly went bust and now I have contacted them directly and MBNA are telling me that the case reached closure and I am no longer entitled to claim.

I also contacted Santander directly - I took a loan out with Hitachi, somehow over the following years it was transferred to Santander - I am being told as the original loan was with another company I cannot claim.

Can anyone offer clarification here - Is there case to pursue or should I let it go.

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Let it go. The first one should have been escalated to the FOS within six months of a final response and the second one seems to been pre regulation
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can anyone offer clarification here - Is there case to pursue or should I let it go.

They are correct. You have 6 months from rejection to raise your complaint with the FOS. After that, you are barred from using the FOS.
    I also contacted Santander directly - I took a loan out with Hitachi, somehow over the following years it was transferred to Santander - I am being told as the original loan was with another company I cannot claim.

The liability for the complaint lies with the seller of the PPI. Not the lender. That is unless the seller is the lender. They are saying it is not in the case (probably a broker).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mardood82 wrote: »
    IMBNA are telling me that the case reached closure and I am no longer entitled to claim.
    If you complained through a CMC in 2016 and failed, what makes you believe complaining again (directly) will achieve a different outcome?
    Any repeat complaint will simply refer you to the result of the original.

As to the other complaint, you won't have any luck complaining to Santander about PPI sold (pre-regulation) by broker/Hitachi.

Bluntly put, your PPI journey ended three years ago...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure