How often does Cap1 automatically increase limits on classic card?

Assuming you pay the balance in full every month, how often can you expect an automatic increase?

I know there is no hard and fast rule but if people could post when they got increases then this would give me a bit of a picture.

Thanks guys

Comments

• abc.xyz
    abc.xyz Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I've heard they're tight with increases.
    My account says I'm not eligible for 8 months.
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I used the card often and paid in full every month, and have recently gotten a small increase - the first - after about a year.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • FtbDreaming
    FtbDreaming Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Ive got 2 cap 1 cards had both since 2016... one went up after about 8 months the other never has gone up.
    Mortgage started August 2020 £69,700
    Mortgage ends Aug 2050 MFW: Aug 2027 
    Current Balance: £60,200 (59.9% LTV)
    MFW2020 #156 £723.13
    MFW2021 #26 £1184.71
    MFW2022 #11 £197.87
    MFW2023 £785
    MFW 2024 £528.15

Determined to make it! 
  • dr_adidas01
    dr_adidas01 Posts: 2,136 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    JP2019 wrote: »
    Assuming you pay the balance in full every month, how often can you expect an automatic increase?

I know there is no hard and fast rule but if people could post when they got increases then this would give me a bit of a picture.

Thanks guys

They aren't well known for giving limit increases very quickly, what you can do as many others have done is wait 6 or 7 months and use there eligibility checker to see if you are eligible for another Capital One card and if you get it transfer that limit to your old Capital One card. Which kinda looks like you have had a credit limit increase.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • I've had one for over 10 years and never received an increase, having asked a few times and always been refused. Meantime other card issues have given me many times more credit immediately upon issuing me with a card.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Delius wrote: »
    I've had one for over 10 years and never received an increase, having asked a few times and always been refused. Meantime other card issues have given me many times more credit immediately upon issuing me with a card.

Quite similar experience here. I have had this card since about seven years ago. When I received it, it came out with £1,500 limit. After A few times rejection I managed to increase the limit to be £2,500 about three years ago. Last year I asked for another increase of £1,000, it was rejected.

I have or used to have a few other cards with limit of 5-7 times higher than this card. But I love Capital One Due to 0.5% cashback for both Sterling & Non Sterling Transaction with mastercard exchange rate for purchase in foreign currency. Also my card has an annual cashback bonus of £10 for using the card orderly without any late payment or breaching their T&C.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure