FinancialBliss: My mortgage free journey…

Options

Comments

• financialbliss
    Options
    Wow!

Despite working in IT, I've never personally witnessed a denial of service attack (DoS).

Hope we're back up and running now...

FB.
    Mortgage and debt free. Building up savings...
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Yehhhhhh! It's good to be back - I thought it might be gone for ever and then I realised how much I want applause when I Pay-off-my-mortgage. I knew those banks must hate us:o:money::j
  • financialbliss
    Options
    Woo hoo!:j

A bit of good news – I got a pay rise.

I work in local government. Central government previously laid down suggested maximum pay rises – local government was 2%. After a long discussion and a ballot for industrial action (only 24% turn out and 51% in favour of strike action, which was called off), we’re going to get the previous offer of 2.475%

This is effective from 1st April 2007 – yes it’s took that long to sort out. After deductions, I should be around 50 a month better off. Not a massive increase, but as it’s took this long to get there, at least I’m getting something.

Should also get back pay on overtime too! I may see the increment in December – probably too late for the November payroll run (~10,000 staff :eek: ), but suspect I won’t see back pay until January.

FB.
  • evab_2
    evab_2 Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    Options
    excellent news, I always get my yearly payrise late as the lecturers in the college always take ages to agree to the %! I look at the extra as another bill paid or more towards MF.

Ev
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good News:money: "onwards & downwards":j
  • financialbliss
    Options
    In post #1 I’ve said months remaining as originally 62. As we switch to November, there’s still 62 months remaining, but as my mortgage is collected on the 1st of the month, after tomorrow there’s only (hopefully) a maximum of 61 payments left.

So….I’m going to reduce this to 61 months remaining. I’m also going to add an extra line – payment required / month – this will be the monthly amount needed calculated from January 2008 (due to car loan) onwards in order to clear the mortgage by December 2012. It’s currently sitting at 1,317.81 / month, and I'll update each month.

It normally takes a day for the mortgage payment to be credited from my current acc. to my mortgage. Once it has, I’ll also update my sig with my current values.

By the way, mortgage today is 70,299 – when the November mortgage payment is credited, my balance will drop to under 70k for the first time. If my daily interest calculations are correct, I’ll not go back up to 70k either – should be around 69,997 maximum – obviously less if I make overpayments in November.

FB.
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Congrats on getting sub £70k:j:j:j:j:j:T:T:T:T:T:T:beer::beer::beer:

"Onwards & Downwards":money:
  • financialbliss
    Options
    Just a quick post this evening.

To anyone doing a diary, be it mortgage free, debt free etc.

If you have a partner, does he/she know you're doing a diary?

We've a pretty open relationship and mrs bliss embraces the mortgage free concept - that's not a problem, it's just I've not mentioned this diary yet!

FB.
  • setmefree2
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi FB,

Me & MrSMF are also on our MFi5 campaign together. He doesn't know about my diary explicitly, though he knows I use the forum on MSE alot....:eek: it keeps me out of the shops so I suppose he's glad ;-)
  • mountainlioness
    Options
    Hi FB - yeah my DH knows about the diary but doesn't read it... he knows that lots of ppl know lots of details about us (not all financial heh heh!) but he's pretty cool about it all (let's jst say I have v close female friends ;)
    MFW Challenge member no. 96 - on hold! :rolleyes:
    Girl Cub due 14th September :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family