We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Local comps on social media

There are often a lot of social media comps that seem to be from small local firms lately. Just wondering if people enter them all, or just ones local to you. I have on occasion messaged a page to ask who it is open to if it's a prize I really want, and some say UK is fine, but others have said you have to collect, which they don't make clear. So I pretty much just stick to areas I would be prepared to collect from as it takes too long to ask them all, and they don't all reply anyway.

What does anyone else do?
2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Generally I'll hover over a title on the main board and if the title of the post that pops up is anything even remotely "local" sounding, I just red X, I don't do Facebook comps though so it's mainly Twitter, if it says "Preston CO-OP" or something I'll skip, if it was something like "Preston candles" then I'd probably have a look because that would seem more of a National brand (No idea why i chose Preston, not from there, never been there)
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,881
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Generally I'll hover over a title on the main board and if the title of the post that pops up is anything even remotely "local" sounding, I just red X, I don't do Facebook comps though so it's mainly Twitter, if it says "Preston CO-OP" or something I'll skip, if it was something like "Preston candles" then I'd probably have a look because that would seem more of a National brand (No idea why i chose Preston, not from there, never been there)

Apart from using FB more than TW I tend to do the same, ignoring most "local" ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure