IPhone recommendation?

command
command Posts: 226
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
I’m looking to change phones as my current iPhone SE (16 GB) doesn’t have enough storage capacity for my needs anymore. Any opinions on whether to get another SE with a bigger storage capacity or a different iPhone model? I’ve got a lot of iOS apps, music etc. purchases that I don’t want to lose by getting a phone with different OS.

Comments

• Butch_Dingle
    Butch_Dingle Posts: 115 Forumite
    edited 19 January 2019 at 8:57PM
    It really depends on how much storage you need and how much you're willing to spend. A 128gb SE from John Lewis is £249 (sim free) though it appears to be out of stock at present. At Carphonewarehouse a 32gb SE is £239 which is in stock. At the other end of the scale a 256gb iPhone X is £949 from John Lewis. Personally I would go for an Iphone 8 or above with at least 64gb of storage...that should last you a good few years. I have both a SE and X, (former is work mobile, latter is personal) and happy with both :)
  • So what your saying is you're stuck with buying very expensive apple phones for the rest of your life?
    Bite the bullet and switch to Android, what you save in handset costs will more than compansate any aps you've paid for.
    The latest Moto phones are unbelievable value for money with expandable storage.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    So what your saying is you're stuck with buying very expensive apple phones for the rest of your life?
    Bite the bullet and switch to Android, what you save in handset costs will more than compansate any aps you've paid for.
    The latest Moto phones are unbelievable value for money with expandable storage.

I did this a few years ago. I'm back with iPhones now, sadly hated Android. OP, I buy my phones reconditioned from music magpie, paid £150 for a 64gb 6.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If they do a 64Gb I would think this would be more than enough coming from 16
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The SE is no longer made, you might find older stock but not with bigger storage, I just tried recently

I had to bite the bullet and go for the 7
  • suki1964 wrote: »
    The SE is no longer made, you might find older stock but not with bigger storage

Really? Granted, 16gb > 32gb isn't a huge jump but its still a jump and it might be enough for the OP.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/apple/iphone-se.html#!colour=rosegold&capacity=32GB&dealType=sf
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Really? Granted, 16gb > 32gb isn't a huge jump but its still a jump and it might be enough for the OP.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/apple/iphone-se.html#!colour=rosegold&capacity=32GB&dealType=sf

May well be, but they will be stopping the support as well this year

And tbh a 32gb phone, once you use the phone to its capabilities, isn't going to last a crack, certainly not 3 or 4 years so he may as well bite the bullet and upgrade to a phone what will be supported
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure