Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Comments

• mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    OI! PROLIFIC! No surveys since dinosaurs ruled the earth!!
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • fly-catchers
    fly-catchers Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Joined up with Circle but they need a mobile to complete the setting up. I don't have a mobile so guess will have to continue to use PayPal. Wish these survey companies used BACs so you could just transfer the cash across. Panelbase and Onepoll do as well as a few others. So much easier..
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Merlin's_Beard Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hmm...

So, I've had a study rejected. Not because I failed a prescreening question, or completed too fast, or showed in any other way that I wasn't paying attention or completed it incorrectly.

But because "Unfortunately, you showed really extreme responses which don't allow me to use the responses for the analysis."

Is "I don't like your data" a reasonable reason to reject, or could I raise that as a query with Prolific?
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • Kavor
    Kavor Posts: 481 Forumite
    Hmm...

So, I've had a study rejected. Not because I failed a prescreening question, or completed too fast, or showed in any other way that I wasn't paying attention or completed it incorrectly.

But because "Unfortunately, you showed really extreme responses which don't allow me to use the responses for the analysis."

Is "I don't like your data" a reasonable reason to reject, or could I raise that as a query with Prolific?

I'd raise it with Prolific to see what they say. Personally i'd be a little hacked off if i'd spent time on a study and was told that my responses were outside of their expected parameters.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    Hmm...

Eh?

Thats their fault. I agree. Complain to Prolific. "Not liking your answers" is not grounds for rejection.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Brookside88
    Brookside88 Posts: 338 Forumite
    Cash out day and I have £12.57 still pending. Humph
  • Brookside88
    Brookside88 Posts: 338 Forumite
    mikep22 wrote: »
    Eh?

Thats their fault. I agree. Complain to Prolific. "Not liking your answers" is not grounds for rejection.

Just to play devils advocate. Is it possible that they selected respondents based on preselection questions e.g.. someone who said they were middle of the road politically but then gave answers to suggest they were far left or right?

Not saying this is the case but perhaps it's a possibility

I would definitely raise it with prolific though
  • This auto refresh of the studies page thing is all well and good apart from the fact that a lot of the time when it does that it either logs me out or gives a 500 error message which doesn't show up on the tab heading and I only know its done it when I open the page and spot it meaning that if by some miracle a study had come in for me I didn't know about it and missed it. Thats even after me clearing all prolific cookies first thing in the morning before I log in.
    Win's so far: Cadburys Mini Eggs £1.09 Pentel Goody Bag £10 , M&S Luxury Hamper £45, 10,000 Tesco clubcard points (£100) :j
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mikep22 wrote: »
    Eh?

I agree, that is appalling. I thought the whole point of studies was to find out what people think whatever their views. We are exhorted to be honest. PA need to know about this, imho. If researchers cannot cope with the truth they are in the wrong job.
  • Anyone done or doing the social game study. What's the game like as I'm at work and don't want to be doing anything dodgy :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback