The Compers Inn (part 48)

Comments

• rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2018 at 7:46PM
    Saw the midges report on the news yesterday. Have not noticed we have more than normal but no doubt they will appear at some time. Sorry to hear about your DH leanfun hope he does not suffer too much. Sometimes think bruising can be more painfull than a break. well done on bargains on books and towels.
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    c42e66f777e821ef44c3f628d9238513--saturday-images-happy-saturday-quotes.jpg

:hello: Good morning all

We're in for a glorious weather weekend here, plenty of
    sunshine which will be lovely for the family when they
    arrive later today. soleil07j.gif

We're planning to go out picnicking tomorrow before
    they head off on Monday for their holiday. :grin:

rosemac wrote: »
    Afternoon peeps. Just been delivered a large bag of grass seed. (80 square meters) It was a Westland comp in conjunction with the Sun.

:T Well done rose on your win - will perk up DSs lawn in
    no time. :j :T :D

smileys-gardening-147427.gif

Sounds as if you were a busy bee gardening yesterday
    indie. Pleased you got your car back with the spindle thingy
    on the speedo mended. :p

Well, I've another busy day before the family arrive. :j
    Also got to catch up with any comps I've missed so best
    get on. :D

Have a lovely weekend, I'll hopefully catch up with you all
    next Tuesday. Take care. xx

Alfie xxx coffee3-smiley.gif?1292867572
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning, sun just coming out here,i have just fed and watered the plants and had a chat with a snail that was climbing up my back door..lol. I moved him off and put him well away from the plants. Sounds like you got some good bargains on the books leanfun.I love buying books for myself or family.I know you can download books now but don't think you can beat opening a new book and settling down to read it. Hope the weather is nice for your picnic tomorrow Alfie. Good idea for the grass seed rose, it's amazing how kids playing can ruin the lawn but putting seed down will soon bring it back up.Hope you all have a lovely day.
  • rosemac
    Woooooooo has gotten very overcast here and thunder has started. Expecting it to be tipping it down any minute. Has been sunny since early this morning. Hope that not too many peeps get caught in it.
  • rosemac
    Morning peeps. Pretty overcast this morning. Hopefully sun will put in an appearance at some point today. A bit stiff and sore again this morning so have heat pad on. Hopefully it will ease things up. I am moving a bit better but very slowly but as they say I am getting there. Hope everyone is well this morning and ff is coping ok.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

On our way home now. Just been to Falkland and Palace . Falkland is Inverness in Outlander if anyone watches it. At Glenrothes hotel for tonight and then straight home tomorrow. Not seen any rain on our break and had some lovely sunny days.
    Luckily not been in midge country either.

Glad you are recovering rose.

Sounds like you will be busy Alfie.

Hoping things are going ok FF.

Love to all.

Sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • rosemac
    edited 10 June 2018 at 7:42PM
    Meant to say re midges./mosquitos A good deterent is skin so soft by avon. They even use it in the forces . Buy the dry oil spray that has the blue writing on it. (original) I have used it for years.
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 June 2018 at 10:46PM
    Sheils great to hear you had no rain on this break and sunshine. Safe journey home tomorrow.

Rose thanks for the tip about the Avon for midges/ mosquitoes. A friend told us about it for Madeira but she did not have the right one. So I will take a note of this one. Hope weather has improved your way Rose.

DH has internal bruising and fortunately it is the top of his arm not as I thought his shoulder. He can move a lot better now but it is still painful. We have been putting arnica on.

Hope weather was good for your picnic Alfie and everyone has had a restful weekend.
  • rosemac
    I buy SBC Arnica Gel a lot leanfun and slather it on when my Rheumatoid Arthritis flares up as well as taking medication. Using it as well as heat pad and painkillers on hip at the moment. Hope hubby gets better soon as I said before bruising can hurt a bit more than a break at times. Was quite nice in the afternoon here so hopefully yesterdays thunder has cleared the air a bit.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Morning, welcome home sheils, glad the weather was good to you on your break.Your DH shoulder sounds painful leanfun, hope the pain eases soon for him. It's overcast here again but they have said it is going to be a warm day with sunshine later. I am off to the pictures later to see the new Jarrasic world film. Hope you all have a lucky day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure